Anyone know of a way to get raw samples out of Spitfire Audio LABS ?

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by madoka, Apr 30, 2024.

1. madoka

madoka Newbie

Like the title says, does anyone know of a way to get the raw wavs out of spitfire audio LABS libraries so that you can use it with some other (quite frankly better) sampler plugin ?

the spitfire app & their stupid player is so horrendously broken it’s honestly insane, it constantly crashes, is a chore to get working if you have the audacity to want to install labs to an external hard drive and generally just so annoying to deal with that id rather just pull the samples out of it and use them inside my daws own sampler or with something like decentsampler

3. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

Not aware of a dedicated extractor. I ended up dropping LABS after the 7th time of having to reinstall everything. I'm happy with my Kontakt, sfz and DS libraries. No maintenance, no download resets, no fatal bugs, easy access to the raw samples.

4. ChemicalJobby

ChemicalJobby Member

Draw all the notes of the instrument in your daw with spaces between them, then bounce to audio, then use something like wavknife to split the audio by space. Then you have the wav files of each note, just load them into your favourite sampler that can handle key splits.

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

If you are going to go this far, you may as well use Sample Robot to do it. Everything is automatic, you can make multiple velocity layers, it fixes the start and end points automatically, round robin, creates filenames, etc. https://samplerobot.com/products/samplerobot-pro (or sister site). If you are on PC. On Mac, Logic's Autosampler will do a lot of it, but Sample Robot is better and also expensive.

6. ChemicalJobby

ChemicalJobby Member

Have you ever tried to use sample robot? Its a pile of crap. With my method, you can just sample 10 seconds which is long enough without needng to loop in a lot of cases.

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

Yes, but only with hardware synths. I've never had reason to sample my sampler just to get samples out of it. The drawback to doing them completely manually like you suggest is naming all the resulting files. Round Robin and velocity layers per key is laborious (more runs). I would delete a Kontakt library before I would do this to "save one". It would have to be a damn good library to make it worth the work. Like @xorome I'm not aware of a dedicated extractor either, but I can't help but think there would be a better way.

8. boingy99

boingy99 Kapellmeister

Another vote for Sample Robot here or, if you have FL Studio, put LABS in the Channel Rack, right-click and select "Create DirectWave Instrument". There are a whole bunch of options for output format. If you uncheck "Monolithic" you can get individual wav files, or various other formats.

9. madoka

madoka Newbie

i mean the problem with going through this method is that you don't get any of the round robin or velocity layers they might have recorded, ofc the obvious answer would just be to sample those too but I really don't want to potentially have redundant copies that they just implemented by mapping the volume to velocity or something, or loose any layers they might have recorded, hence why i just wanted to know if there was some way to get the raw samples themselves

spitfire are particularly nefarious about this because all the samples are stored in some form of binary archive that i cannot for the life of me figure out, and I'm assuming they did this particularly to screw over anyone that just tried to use their libraries with a better sampler.

10. madoka

madoka Newbie

yeah, I mean I don't disagree it's just that I use a fair few labs instruments a ton, not because they're particularly good or anything, but just because they're small and convenient (well convenient at least as long as they keep running), and my hate for spitfire is only closely followed up by my hate for kontakt lmfao.

The difference is that at least with kontakt, you still have access to all the raw samples if you need so i've repackaged the handful of libraries I like from kontakt into bitwig multisample instruments and its genuinely a million times better of an experience to use lol. If I could just do the same with the handful of labs instruments I like I wouldn't have any need to keep either of them on my system

11. Emma Evi

Emma Evi Member

I prefer the penrose machine of autosampler over sample robots simple crossfade looping, or did they improved it recently ?