Anyone know of a software to mirror phone on Windows PC?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Bunford, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

So, I've smashed the screen on my Androind phone, a Samsung Galaxy, and want to use the SmartSwitch app to transfer data to another replacement phone. However, SmartSwitch requires approving and selecting options on screen, which I cannot see.

Anyone know of any easy software on Windows that allows for connecting the phone via USB and then being able to see and use the screen on the PC screen to walk through the process?

Cheers in advance :wink:

3. Xenon

Xenon Producer

wondershare dr. Fone

4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Save smartphone data despite a defective display
    https://www-pcwelt-de.translate.goo...l=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=de&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Original in German: www.pcwelt.de/article/1150277/datensicherung-trotz-kaputtem-bildschirm.html

Another tool that can help recover data from an iPhone is Fondedog. The procedure is the same as for the other programs. You install the tool in Windows or macOS and connect your iPhone to the computer. The tool tries to establish a connection and can then download and backup the data. An easy-to-use wizard helps with this as well. The manufacturer's site also provides you with comprehensive instructions on how to restore the data.

https://r.srvtrck.com/v1/redirect?a...0277-1-0-0&url=https://drfone.wondershare.com
    https://r.srvtrck.com/v1/redirect?a...ps://www.fonedog.com/ios-data-backup-restore/

5. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

scrcpy. But I guess you'd still need to somehow allow USB debugging, which isn't exactly trivial with a broken screen :dunno:

6. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

That's my issue. The phone is locked using biometric fingerprint and a PIN as a backup. Can't see the screen so can't tell if it's unlocking or not. I also do not have USB debugging enabled either, nor remote lock, and so cannot unlock it using Samsung's Find MY Phone web browser either.

It's a Samsung Galaxy A51 that's damaged, and I have a replacement Samsung Galaxy S20 FE. I can connect the two with a USB C cable and start up SmartSwitch on the S20, but can't select the appropriate options on the A51 to allow permissions and enable the transfer.

The A51 has backed up the core phone to Samsung and I can restore that, and it appears my phone has synced my photos and videos to Amazon Photos, so it could be worse, but I have a number of documents and such on the phone and passwords that I wanted to try and recover.

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

8. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Thanks, but it's the Samsung Galaxy A51 that's smashed, as it says above :rofl:

9. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Search must already alone, change the display and ready ! Next time make a backup of your data before.

10. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

You can get a USB-C to HDMI cable so you can copy to a SD card, but you still might need to select options on the screen

11. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Hadn't thought of this. The touch screen does partially work, just I can't see what's being displayed. If I could see it, I could then guess at where to touch and see if I'm touching it correctly. Do they output video prior to being unlocked though?!