Anyone Know how to rewire Kontakt into DAW with Bidule?

Discussion in 'PC' started by babybrown, Jul 21, 2011.

1. babybrown

babybrown Ultrasonic

Anybody know how to host Kontakt in Plogue Bidule and, if so, how many instances of it can you run? does it matter is you use 32bit Bidule (the Assign x64 has timed out...)between x64 kontakt and say... Sonar X1 or Reaper or Studio one? Do you need Loopbe1 as well?

3. lampwiikk

lampwiikk Member

Never used it, but why would you rewire Kontakt? From what I can see on the site for Bidule it can host VSTs... have you tried it that way? It looks kind of similar to what NI Kore can do, and I use that a lot in Live to build complex chains. Can I ask what you are trying to achieve specifically?

4. allshallfade

allshallfade Newbie

Hey man, no offense intended, but you've been making enough threads on this sort of thing that you might be better off going to a specialized forum for these questions- I'd help you with this specific one if I could like I did the other day, but I don't use bidule.

Try asking at this site:
    Code:
    vi-control.net
    they are almost all composers working with this sort of stuff. Obviously -do not- lead them back to this site, and don't mention where you got most of your stuff.

5. babybrown

babybrown Ultrasonic

Yes, I have been checking out a bunch of videos on youtube - it's just that folks are very shady when it comes to actually telling you that important piece of infop! From what i've seen, a few cats out there are hosting multiple instances of kontakt in Bidule and then i think, Rewiring them into Kontakt.

I have a pretty ropey AMD quad phenom but I want to be able to use as many instances of Kontakt as possible - I believe you can pack many more instruments inside (up to 32?) when it is in standalone mode.

So I am trying create a soundtrack capable machine, would be the answer! just didn't know if it mattered if you only had 32bit Bidule.

6. babybrown

babybrown Ultrasonic

No offense taken, and thank you once again for helping me out, this time bu pointing me in the right direction. Sorry for pissing anyone off but I am so determined to do what I have to do to find a useable combination of softs that will allow me to build a competitive template, which I will then share here for anyone else interested.

Thanks a million guys :mates: :wink:

7. allshallfade

allshallfade Newbie

No problem man. I don't think anyone was pissed off, its just that there aren't many people who are deep into this sort of work that would regularly check this forum- instead they'd go to a place like the site I linked.

Best of luck, and don't forget-- the developers in this industry largely aren't giant businesses, they really do "feel" the weight of piracy, so be sure to buy things when you can instead of buying other upgrades.