Anyone know how to get sound out of Dorico?

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Chrisulrich, Jun 2, 2024.

1. Chrisulrich

Chrisulrich Newbie

Dear Anyone.

Just become the proud owner of a full version of Dorico. I'm using Windows 10 with Realtek High Definition Audio Codec. CanNOT work out how to make Dorico make noise through it - tried all sorts, still total silence (prob. the best thing for my music, but anyway!)

The reason I got Dorico is I love notation and I bought Sampletank 4 in a sale with literally thousands of instruments. Tried JBRIDGING it but you can't get to the sub-menus/right-click menus - they appear for a millisecond then vanish. So I thought 'Welcome to the 21st Century' and got Dorico, thinking one instance of Dorico, one instance of Sampletank, 16 great Sampletank instruments, job done!

Except I can't make Dorico make noise and - leading on from that - I don't know how to make it find Sampletank. I'm HOPING if I can get ANY noise out of it at all, I'll know when it's found Sampletank because it'll be using Sampletank to make noise with!

It's Dorico 4. I know where play etc. is, how to choose a player, how to give a player an instrument from the list. I then put random notes on the stave, press PLAY - nothing happens. The cursor doesn't even move, nothing lights up. Tried the demo version from the Dorico website, exactly the same problems.

Anyone got any ideas? Tried Asio4All, didn't help (prob. me not knowing how to make Dorico talk to it) and besides - once Asio4All's going you can't hear anything on YouTube or anywhere else - it takes over the sonic universe.

Yours hopefully

Chris. (Who might have a coupla Sampletank questions once I get NOISE going on!)