Anyone know a plugin (NOT BlueCat) That can use MIDI LEARN 0r CC7

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Chrisulrich, Mar 27, 2024.

1. Chrisulrich

Chrisulrich Newbie

Dear Anyone.

Plobrem with BlueCat is it's dodgy - it only likes working on Channel 1. Any other channel and it works for awhile - or not at all - and stops working for no apparent reason!

I've got a little bunch of noisemakers on my ancient 32-bit DAW (Quick Score Elite Level 2 - think of it as Fred Flintstone's answer to Dorico!) that won't respond to CC7 so they're stuck on one volume level - you can't automate them. So I need SOMETHING with MIDI-Learn or CC7 I can use as an insert effect so I can turn their noises up and down. That's all it has to do. Nothing else. But there seems to be a hewge hole in the market - apart from dodgy Blue Cat, I can find nothing out there.

I've got JBRIDGE if you only know of 64-bit - anyone know anything that's got CC7 or MIDI Learn I could use just to turn sounds louder or quieter as an insert? That's all it has to do, I don't care if it's called GAIN or VOLUME or anything else as long as I can use it as an insert to turn things up and down using CC commands.

There's gotta be SOMETHING out there, hasn't there? (If it's natively 32-bit you'll have my heartfelt thanks but I do have Jbridger, as I said.)

Yours hopefully

Chris.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Lad Impala

Lad Impala Platinum Record

Hi chris.

your question is really hard to understand.
    you could try the midi learn function of the daw not the plugin.
    i think you can pretty much put any plugin you want for gain automation with a midi controller, even some stock plugin

4. ClaudeBalls

ClaudeBalls Producer

I bet you could build something like a CC7 responsive VCA in REAKTOR if you have a vintage version that runs on your system. You could use it as an insert downstream from your synths on a bus.