Anyone have working .nicnt file for the latest ProjectSAM True Strike 2 and Spitfire Audio's Albion?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Bunford, Nov 14, 2022.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

For some reason, my ProjectSAM True STrike 2 won't register using R2R Kontakt Manager and provide me with the error saying not recognised.

Does anyone have a working one at all?

I am also having same issue with the Spitfire Audio Albion collection (the 195GB odd one) but I assume this is because it's a non-official compilation. Any workaround for this one to get it registered within Kontakt?

Also, on a related note, is there anywhere that has a library of working .nicnt files for Kontakt libraries?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
  3. ᑕ⊕ֆᗰIᑢ

ᑕ⊕ֆᗰIᑢ Platinum Record

4. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

If anyone having same issue, I fixed the True Strike 2 one by manually adding in the UPID from NativeAccess.xml into the True Strike 2 .ncint, and the R2R Kontakt Manager then accepted it and it's now visible in Kontakt :wink:

• List
  6. NitroRocks

NitroRocks Member

For the sake of checking out your issue, I've just downloaded True Strike 2 (not from the sis site), and added to the Kontakt 7 (from the sister site) with no problem at all. PM me if you want to know the details.

EDIT: Damn, you were faster :bleh:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. ᑕ⊕ֆᗰIᑢ

ᑕ⊕ֆᗰIᑢ Platinum Record

Other options would have been..
    Tryin the "Kontakt Library FIX 2" program by Vivo Vivendo..

Or bobdule's KTK releases which include a ncint maker on its (awesome) "Library Tool" app.. :wink:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
  8. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

This actually didn't work because the generate nicnt was still missing the UPID.

9. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I'm afraid not with R2R's Kontakt

10. Talula

Talula Rock Star

this didn't work because true strike 2 was officially discounted.

• List
  11. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I actually managed it. By adding to Kontak 6, it then also shows up in R2R's Kontakt 7 and I now have the Albion collection showing up in this way. I've also created an .nicnt for the 8Dio and Soundiron choirs bundle and got that working in it too :wink:

• List
  12. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Not true, at least in terms of the reason it didn't work. By manually adding the UPID from NativeAccess.xml for True Strike 2 into the existing .nicnt, R2R's Kontakt Manager then recognised it and has added it to Kontakt as per any other library that should work.

13. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Interesting. Did you choose one of the libraries data (snpid, upid and so on) from Nativeaccess.xml and it worked for all of them? Or it was just the work of adding it with Kontajt 6...
    If I understood it's a home-made lib consisting of a compilation of several "official" ones. This could be interesting to know

14. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Yes, they are bundled up collections, so the Albio collection is about 195GB and include Albion ONE, Loegria, Iceni, Uist, and Tundra in the one library. I used the Spitfire Audio Albion details and I used the Requiem Light details for the choir bundle. And here's the evidence with one of the Albion II Loegria patches loaded and triggered to show they work as normal (added my own wallpaper as was showing blank grey):

upload_2022-11-15_19-21-43.png

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
  15. Talula

Talula Rock Star

and nki files loading in kontakt, right? and playing proper samples?...

post this self-made nicnt file for albio collection, please...

16. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Yup. The screenshot above shows the Loegria II Easter Island 2 Hits patch loaded, and it's triggering the proper samples etc. The file is attached.

Attached Files:

17. Talula

Talula Rock Star

hum... I don't see snpid, upid, hu and jdx data in your nicnt.
    and I don't see any data from Requiem Light.
    all I see - broken nicnt with strange tag:
    Code:
    <Audiokastrator />
    I can't understand how this may work properly...
    it can work only if you installed all libraries with proper nicnt files and then just move all their instruments to one folder.

to be honest, I do not understand what and why you are doing. this is some perversion...
    There is an original official nicnt file for True Strike 2, but you're trying to use some self-made shit without the correct data.

18. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Ok. first things first, it IS working, so the "it can only work..." assumption is incorrect.

Secondly, look properly before trying to be all holy about it. The 12th line of the .nicnt I povided above has the SNPID (using Albion's 935). SO you've clearly not paid much attention before getting on your high horse! It also doesn't need the HU or JDX as I added the library using Kontakt 6, and it then showed up in Kontakt 7 too and fully works. The "strange broken tag" you mention clearly shows your lack of awsareness, as this is simply the encoded older style of .nicnt, before RAS3 I believe, which is why is days in the .nicnt that it's using the <AuthSystem> RAS2.

Why would there be anything about Requiem Light in the Albion .nicnt?! That's in the choirs bundle I referred to, obviously!

And your assumption about True Strike 2 is also incorrect as that's not Kontakt 7 compliant as it's missing the UPID, so you have to add it manually to get it to work, which is how I resolved that one.

There is an Albion collection available elsewhere, that I will not link to or I'd breach rules. It is 195GB in size, and has an .nicnt included. I simply modified .nicnt to add in the details for Spitfire Audio's Albion library into it.

I really wish people would stop getting on their high horse and try to shoot people down when people are simply trying to share something useful :dunno:

Talk about demotivating people from trying to be helpful ffs....

19. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

So the trick is to use Kontakt 6 "add library". That's shocking. What Kontakt 6 do you use? Version, R2R/BobDule...
    If I recall the new registration system (RAS3, etc) was introduced already in Kontakt v6.7+

20. Talula

Talula Rock Star

no, in v5.6.6
    all v6.X working only with RAS3 libraries

21. Talula

Talula Rock Star