Anyone have AZ blocked by Kapersky?

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Olymoon, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

HI
    Kapersky have been reported as blocking AZ sister site.

I need more testimony from members using Kapersky.

Please, this is a technical matter, avoid off topic comments.

Thanks in advance for your testimonies.

• Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 3
    • List
  3. Chichan

Chichan Member

Hi Olymoon, as you already know, I'm experiencing this issue but I thought I'd provide some details if it is helpful to others.....

Regardless of which browser I use, I get the following message when trying to access the sister site:

"This site can’t be reached
    The web page at 'sister site' might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR"

Note, I redacted the sister site address in the above message as I'm not sure if I'm supposed to reveal it here!

If I temporarily disable Kaspersky then the issues goes away. Re-enable Kaspersky and the issues returns. This scenario is 100% reproduceable.

I'm sure I could add the sister site to Kaspersky's network address whitelist but I wanted to know the where this issue lies before I start fiddling with settings.

Not exactly sure when this issue started but it's been the case for at least three days. It could have been longer as I wasn't trying to access over the Christmas period.

I should also add that Kaspersky, on the whole, is very light touch and hasn't caused any similar issues in the 10 or so years I've been using it so I'm not sure why it's suddenly targeted the sister site.

4. halfman73

halfman73 Platinum Record

I had that problem in Kaspersky Cloud. Had to add the sister site to trusted addresses

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. jennyblack

jennyblack Audiosexual

I also had It a couple of days ago.

6. athan_sg

athan_sg Newbie

I'm experiencing this issue at list 3 weeks, although about 10 days ago, the site was loading properly for 2-3 days. But the issue returned

7. Alexander Foxx

Alexander Foxx Member

Same here, i found a solution using tor browser

• List
  8. Djord Emer

Djord Emer Audiosexual

Yes, I have to pause Kaspersky everytime I visit sister site because even after I included the website on my exception list it just continues to block it. Can confirm it.

9. pratyahara

pratyahara Rock Star

I am a NOD32 user, but for several days on many occasions I must retry when trying to enter sister site because I get redirected to some (most likely) virus spreading site like this
    [07-Jan-22 7:47:30 PM;//kwwinyvxxzsm***.com; (I omitted the last three characters)]

• List
  10. m5g

m5g Kapellmeister

yep. must add it to exclude list

11. Aya

Aya Member

I had the issue too. I heard one of the forum member said that adding AZ to whitelist of Kaspersky would fix the matter. Following him and the problem has gone, at least in my case. But this is not a fundamental solution, right?

12. holdup13

holdup13 Kapellmeister

Yes. I've been using sister site for about two years, but only recently (few weeks ago) has Kaspersky started blocking sister site.

The following message appears if sister site is not whitelisted:
    [​IMG]

I also want to add that many times, this really annoying message appears when going backwards:
    [​IMG]

Interestingly enough, the 2nd one has been occurring less frequently ever since I whitelisted sister site in Kaspersky. Nonetheless, it's still happening.

13. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

it happened to me a couple of weeks ago, i added the site to the exclusions

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  14. cripple9

cripple9 Ultrasonic

It's been happening to me for a while. It was back to normal for a few days, but started getting blocked again a couple days ago. If I add it to trusted addresses it will work fine. It will continue to work even after removing from the trusted list as long as I don't clear my browser data.

15. rEmaker

rEmaker Ultrasonic

YES
    Kapersky does block it yes

16. Just taking a guess, but I'd think it more likely that it's an advertiser on the other site and not the site itself. I've been seeing problems going to sister site for awhile now and they all look like its some third party interference.

17. alexbart

alexbart Producer

• List
  18. softice

softice Producer

jj

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  19. Chichan

Chichan Member

Hi, thanks for the detailed input.

I may be wrong on this but I'm not sure Kaspersky is actually flagging the sister site as malicious. As you can see from the second message in this thread, the error message is more mundane. From what I can remember, if you try to access a site that Kaspersky has flagged as malicious it will warn you about this and specifically inform you that the site is potentially malicious. There are no such messages / warnings when trying to access the sister site, it just seems to block network access. Not sure if this helps or not but thought I'd mention it anyway.

• List
  20. @BoW@

@BoW@ Noisemaker

I am using the latest version of kaspersky antivirus KAV 23.3 and it has been weeks since I have been able to access the sister site "unable to reach this page ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR". I use edge chromium but I get the same result from firefox or chrome. I have tried to exclude the site from any protection and control, but the result is the same.

21. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

kaspersky isn't the only one blocking sister and other sites iObit malware fighter also gave me problems.