Anyone got a Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol M32? Need help!

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by Bunford, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Not had a chance to explore this yet, but what exactly do these do/add compared to using it with the M DAW setup?

2. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

It automatically maps the knobs to Live's device/group macros. Otherwise you have to manually map them, for each device. Not fun.

The problem wouldn't exist if Live's builtins were VSTs so you could slot them inside Komplete Kontrol, but this is the second best way.

3. DrumcodeX

DrumcodeX Platinum Record

great you solved it @Bunford
    always nice to see someone beating something like this. we're all forced to deal with sh*t like that way too often...

thanks a lot for posting that script @phumb-reh :wink:
    i'm mostly on bitwig and/or studio one, but i'm occasionally using the lite version of ableton. this script is very useful, as it allows assigning stuff that wasn't possible before.

[​IMG]

took me a while and a few takes to make it work though.
    didn't exactly work as described in the "How To Use.txt" for me. it says "... not [to use] the "DAW" port ... " for instance. but when you're not using the "DAW" port you're loosing a lot of functionality like transport or fader control.
    so i fiddled around a while until i found a setup that's working for me, see below.

[​IMG]

could be interesting for Bunford and others.
    also worth mentioning that you'll quite often have to use SHIFT + PLUG-IN (MIDI) on the kk to switch between MIDI parameter control and DAW control. but that's surely just a bit unfamiliar in the beginning.

4. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

This helped me but I've done it slightly differently using the script above for the MIDI option, and it now seems to work fine with the DAW transport, with KK, and also with the Live plugins :wink:

5. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Glad to hear it works for you! Having this stuff in Bitwig is also a plus, that's good to know.

Yeah, the instructions are not good, but it's great that the script exists. Was a frustration for me when I first got my Kontrol because I thought that would be a given with the official script.