anyone get loopback audio to work on Samona m1 Macs?

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Pedra Sofia, Jan 14, 2024.

1. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

I noticed that the app cant load its extension at all, is there a a solution to this cause I am not sure the demo even works from what I read cause the info I see online shows that only those who paid and contact about loopback where walked through on how to fix it in Samona..

3. krameri

krameri Platinum Record

I'm going to guess... are you trying to spell "Sonoma"? The Mac OS?

4. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

So your gonna troll all my threads here now, can you help or not?

5. krameri

krameri Platinum Record

Dood, calm down. I've never even written to you before. Apparently, you don't need my help.

6. semilla

semilla Ultrasonic

do you mean Mac OS Simona

7. semilla

semilla Ultrasonic

maybe its Mac OS Limona

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. clone

clone Audiosexual

the Loopback software adds a pair of virtual output devices on your Mac. So when you go to your speaker icon and it shows your Output Devices, there will be 2 new ones listed which are Loopback.

To let your Mac do that, you have to go to System Preferences, Security and Privacy, Click the Lock icon and enter your password, then go to the General tab. It should show a request to allow it to be added. You usually can only do it for like 15 minutes or so, after you have booted up the machine.

That is on High Sierra, so the solution is the same thing, but your Onsoma MacOS version could be a little different.

9. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

you sure did multiple times and zero answer, so my guess is the only people allowed to talk about cracked software here are developers scamming who ever reads the comments to appear trustworthy with malware? cause there is zero reasons for anyone here to be anti crack unless they are developers cracking competition worried about their apps been uploaded...which anyone can find out and confirm on Russian websites, UAD, Softube, soundtoys mainly all cracked in Russia yet no one will share them here.

10. Choosename

Choosename Platinum Record

Bla bla bla , show proof

11. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

How about you get back to the topic, guys? So far @clone was the only one who contributed something helpful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

I know that, I am asking about installing it in OSX Sonoma., from the sister site the copy has issues loading ACE driver, the ACE driver works great with audio hijack but even the original website claims that while loopback is compatible you need to shut of SIP, which sounds wrong to me.

https://rogueamoeba.com/support/knowledgebase/?showArticle=ACE-AlternateInstall&product=General

upload_2024-1-16_15-10-6.png

Last edited: Jan 16, 2024
  13. clone

clone Audiosexual

so they want you to disable SIP move the driver into the ACE folder and then turn on SIP again.

It's the same thing for people who are making Firewire devices work again by moving stuff into ACE or HAL folders. Your OS doesn't allow you to do it with SIP enabled because Apple probably want to "defend" those system related folders. Normal users never need to modify those folders.

I installed that program once to help someone on here do it on Ventura, and I didn't even like it. I thought the two virtual output devices were annoying. The only thing I would use it for can be done with Audio Hijack, and I like that program more. Same developer. If you have some problem with that, ask the developer. It's their program.

14. krameri

krameri Platinum Record

I second what @clone said about Audio Hijack. It just works.

15. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

All good, I got a copy from someone that works, even a key engine, I dont see it around here either lol

Last edited: Apr 5, 2024