Anyone for a AudioSexed Ambient Album?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ArticStorm, Dec 3, 2015.

?

Are you open to such an Idea?

Poll closed Dec 17, 2015.
  1. Yes,I want to contribute!

34 vote(s)
    82.9%
  2. Yeah, but i dont want to submit my track(s)

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  3. Nope!

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. i have a different opinion (specify below)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Thanks ArticStorm....now I can see where the options lie at.

2. martel80

martel80 Producer

we are 14 now....
    14x5 minute = Physical CD length

Just to let you know ....

3. Litiman9

Litiman9 Noisemaker

I want to contribute too but how wats the process ?

4. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

We are still finalizing the whole process... but we give highest priority to active members who have a decent post count, solely because it would just be unfair to add random people that just appear when threads like this occur... even if they are amazing...

@martel80

we have 14 on the list but that doesnt mean there will definately be 14, there will be some quality control and of course some people are gnna bail out or just forget... so were just taking as many people now and then maybe cutting it down.

The decision will be based on production quality and mixing and if the track suits the genre we are looking for... writing quality won't be criticized too much as it is more freeform. But production quality and mixing has a certain standard that can be agreed upon...

5. Pontius

Pontius Kapellmeister

This actually seems like it would be a great release for vinyl. I might be able to fund a small run, if we could find a place that will do very limited run vinyl, and if anyone else though there might be some value in a physical release. Also, I'd be interested in contributing a track.

6. Litiman9

Litiman9 Noisemaker

Decent post count!!!! so its difficult for new comers like myself???

7. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

yes because it's a joint project exclusively between members on here and particularily those members who are interested in making ambient together... see the link in the original post about how this has come about...

8. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

My thoughts (for whatever they're worth):
    • I think a theme is a good idea. It will help keep the tracks inside the cage...
    • Artwork or concept may inspire the theme...
    • Tracks should be 5 minutes maximum. This is a collaborative effort, not a solo album (this could work as a teaser to your solo album)...
    • Mastering should be done by one person or entity so it sounds consistent throughout...

9. Lemmy

Lemmy Audiosexual

I´d like to make a nice track for the CD, so count me in.
    Maybe a double CD would be nice, so the tracks could be longer?

10. martel80

martel80 Producer

Thats interesting that you're talking about production quality.
    I heard people sending link to their music that had a lot of textures and noise to it.....some other were digitaly clean with pretty much a single pad chord and very small appearance of other elements in their songs....

Thats just 2 of the huge difference i heard in what as been shared so far.....

So where does that project sit in ?

Noisy/texturized by old dusty gear or Digitaly clean like a track you use for your daily yoga/new age morning ?

haha.

I'd like to know what are the standard when it comes to ambient music.....Is philip glass making Death Metal Ambient and M83 doing some Celine Dion Ambient ?

Some clarification need to be put up in this project so we dont all go in different direction....

11. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

dw all will be revealed soon...

12. Impressive

Impressive Guest

My tracks are almost always around anywhere from 3:12 to 4:37 in duration, so they won't all be 5 minutes long. Most likely the track I will submit will be just under 4 minutes long, Ie: 3:47 or 3:55. Coincidentally, 87 ½ percent of my tracks are the same exact length as I just keep performing without even paying attention to the duration because I get so lost in a state of reverie whilst I lay down inside the moment and lose myself in the galactic oceans of my sub-conscience that writes 99% of the melodies by making them write themselves. As if an astronomically powerful angel from 40,000 universes away is sitting on my shoulders, softly whispering the chords and tabs into my ears while I'm drugged in the majestic warmth of summer's arms.
    Redundant poetry and shit aside, let's not jump to conclusions yet. :wink::cheers:

13. barkeeper

barkeeper Member

So, how ambient are you guys planning this release to be? Like Aidan Baker "The Sea Swells A Bit" Ambient, Eno-ish stuff or are we talking about Ambient that might also contain rhythmic stuff and some extra action?

Cheers

14. barkeeper

barkeeper Member

Oh okay, just saw the boobs post. Decent post count, nothing I can come up with for now... *cough* Oh well. ;-)

15. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member