Anyone for a AudioSexed Ambient Album?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ArticStorm, Dec 3, 2015.

?

Are you open to such an Idea?

Poll closed Dec 17, 2015.
  1. Yes,I want to contribute!

34 vote(s)
    82.9%
  2. Yeah, but i dont want to submit my track(s)

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  3. Nope!

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. i have a different opinion (specify below)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ash

Ash Rock Star

Cool! I was curious about the kind of ambient you do. It's dark and cold like a frozen hell wandering or a endless drifting in space. I love it!:wink:
    Goes well with your username.

2. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

We don't have to make it related to 'Sex' all the time...that joke was already done before...

I feel this collection should be seperate from the whole 'Audiosex' theme cuz that just starts to get annoying. I'd rather it be something related to ambient and the appreciation of the genre itself....

Anyway, little details we'll figure it out later...

_______

I feel like we should get a list of names of people who definately want to contribute, and post them on in the OP and work out the details with them once they've contributed.

We need a list of people who want to make a track, the name of the organisers and the person/people who are going to work on the art...

Arctic you should start getting names down... I already have a few:

Organisers:

@( . ) ( . )
    @ArticStorm
    @claytonr
    @ned944

Track Contributers:

@( . ) ( . )
    @ArticStorm
    @claytonr
    @reliefsan
    @martel80
    @tjgoa
    @ned944
    @angie
    @jaymo99
    @Rolma
    @SyNtH.
    @E.C.R
    @frisbi
    @Dee.P.Tree

Artists:

@claytonr

Mastering Engineers (if needed) :

@( . ) ( . )

who else is interested? Only mention your name if its a definate that you want to work on an ambient track...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  3. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

If there will be an "ambient version", what's the point for the main audiosexed album anymore? Wasn't it supposed to already include all kind of genres? I thought that detail was the "special ingredient" about the Audiosexed album. If we separate the ambient genre from it, can't we do the same with the other genres as well? I have nothing against it, i'm just curious why it had to go as a separated idea. Cheers! :cheers:

4. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

As mentioned earlier in this thread, it doesn't have to do with Audiosexed album... this idea came about before Andrews proposition in the thread Artic posted in the OP...

It came about as an interest in the genre by a few members that posted here:

https://audiosex.pro/threads/looking-for-ambient-and-space-music.21810/

If people can find others here to work on a genre they like then they should go for it... it would be a more seperate and exclusive collaboration.

Artic just named it like Andrews thread but really it has nothing to do with that project...

See the proper thread I posted...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. martel80

martel80 Producer

I will make a track

6. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Thanks Boobies!
    The title got me a little confused, but it's clear now. Much Appreciated!

7. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

you're welcome rax!

8. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

This is really awesome guys.

im 100% inn.
    i started working on a new ambient piece yesterday. sounding alright so far.

Did we have a maxlenght playrule yet? :)

9. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Im for it too.

I hope the ambient criteria will be open to experimentation...and different shades of technical and artistic skill.

From a past experience I had, to work for a concrete goal is not just rewarding in terms to feel as part of a community project, it also helps to build up some practical knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

I'll add you in to my list... we're still completely finalising it but anything under 12 minutes is fine in terms of length...

@Rolma

The type of ambient and sounds were looking for is in this thread:

https://audiosex.pro/threads/looking-for-ambient-and-space-music.21810/

if you're interested in this type of sound and can execute it, you're fully welcome to make a track :)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  11. tjgoa

tjgoa Ultrasonic

I'm in :)

12. Rolma

Rolma Guest

(.) (.) thanks for pointing out .

I don’t know....I feel very "electronikah" relying heavily on rhythmical patterns and the type of music you seem to look for it is not based on that, although I love Biosphere !

I ll give a try to see if I can come with some texture and subtle variance...

13. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

@Rolma i love biosphere, you are welcome to experiment, we will check if its fitting maybe, hard to say sometimes, but we will make it working.

@Evorax like i wrote i can easily come up with something for the 2nd audiosexed album aswell. but the difference is that we want to create a member based ambient album here, which is not related to the audiosex theme. its a fully feely project.

to learn from others to exchange ideas, to get together.

@Ash thank you! i am planning to produce more. Falling is inspired by ZEN Meditation, its when you let everything in your mind, in your body, just focus on the moment. thats why it is a kind of dark and a little bit frozen.

14. kipperlynch

kipperlynch Newbie

i'll contribute a track.

15. Ash

Ash Rock Star

The idea behind "AudioSex Stasis" was Audio(S)ecstasies

And if sex related is not the way, then you can take only the non related words, like Audio Stasis, Quantum Ecstasy, Quantum Stasis or CosmAudio.:)

Other title ideas:
    -Cryo Slumber (or Stasis.:winker:):rofl:
    -Frozen Times
    -Audio Novae
    -AudioVerse

:cheers:

16. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Here is one of my various compositions. It is just a mere snippet on my ehem... "soundclown", since their circus-crapshow platform reduces the quality drastically. I cannot find a service that doesn't reduce the quality to sound like it's playing on a crappy speaker. On my Mac in iTunes®, it sounds solid and superb. I am playing the guitars and drums and keyboards in that one. I did not record a live bass guitar track. But everything but the keyboards are live recorded. 1987 Gibson Les Paul® Studio into a Peavey Valve King® Amp for the lead guitar, Fender® 12 string acoustic for the acoustic guitar, and for drums and synthesizers, don't get me started. Synths are many different midi tracks (lots of Nexus2 and a shit load of other VST synths) and the drums are my custom Ayotte® drum kit. I will give the full version when you decide to put together the album. The full product's duration is 3:47, I think.
    Artwork is also my own, but cropped unprofessionally because I was too lazy to remove the black hole in the sky via photoshop back on my PC with Windows XP from 2007. Which is the only PC I haven't smashed, set of fire, ran over with my bike, used as a soccer ball while pretending I was Hope Solo, threw into my swimming pool or hot tub in the back yard, or sledgehammered beyond recognition, or some other brutal death before having my dog urinate on it in the yard for a treat.
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2015
  17. Ash

Ash Rock Star

@claytonr
    1987, Wow! Must have aged like good wine :wink:. What is the color and hardware of your LP ?
    I don't find this so ambient but nice aerial guitar touch/feeling anyway!:bow:

:cheers:

18. ned944

ned944 Moderator

Im in! Contribute a track, and could help logistics wise as well.

19. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Color: Regular Sunburst (to match my ginger hair) and it's not the vintage sunburst. Hardware: Gold (to match the brown in my eyes and the ring(s) on my fingers at the time or any other bl!ng). It isn't much ambient, but it's Pink Floyd-ish sounding. Which is somewhat ambient. It's not cinematic ambient, but rather dreamy-chill lounge ambient rock. If every song was soundscapes and cinematic it would be uninteresting to some. So some variation is good and prominent to have. I think it will attract more listeners, and possibly even more support if it's for commercial usage.
    But we aren't gonna talk about it that way, because now where speaking from the heart, and no one's whipping and nae-naeing for 450 million youtube views with it. :wink: :bow:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.