Anyone fluent in Synthmaker/Flowstone AND PD~?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bump, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Bump

Bump Kapellmeister

I am looking to have a synth made in Flowstone based off a PD patch. I am willing to pay a fair price for the work...it's a very simple implementation. I'm just a pure dumbass when it comes to programming though.

3. mageye

mageye Producer

I am not 'fluent' in either Flowstone or PureData. But I have used MAX/MSP (Max4Live) and have some understanding of it. I have also used Synthmaker years and years ago.

What is it that you want to do?

4. Bump

Bump Kapellmeister

I'm trying to translate a PD patch that was developed for Critter & Guitaris Organelle box.

http://patchstorage.com/sine-surprises/

Which is basically a 3-osc sine wave synth

The base frequency are the keys but is adjustable from a knob.

The 2nd osc is set to play a harmonic above the base and is adjustable with a separate knob

And 3rd osc plays random "junk frequencies"

There is also a 4th knob that controls a parameter called "slidiness" which, judging by the description, is just glide?

I'm looking to have this translated into a synthmaker vst because it has the "multi-osc" module that can allow all 3 oscs to use 6 different waveforms.

3x Osc in FL Studio doesn't so the glide parameter or allow the base frequency or harmonic to be asjusted.

5. mageye

mageye Producer

There are a few differences between PureData and MAX but I think they can be loaded/translated into MAX. I would need to take a closer look in MAX to understand its workings. It doesn't look hugely complicated.

What you are saying is you want a VST version of this synth. It would be easy for me to translate that to a Max for Live patch. Also it could be made as a standalone app (through MAX 4 Live) export as application.

Some things in Synthmaker are easier to achieve, but as I said, I haven't used it for years now! So it would really require me to learn Flowstone. Although there are some similarities between the development systems, things are done very differently. It is a whole different language. I couldn't really promise anything there. Unfortunately.

I'm sorry.:facepalm: But I may look into it!

6. Bump

Bump Kapellmeister

Any helps appreciated! Thanks for inquiring also