Anyone else struggling with NI Battery's user library system?

Discussion in 'Software Reviews and Tutorials' started by Lil G, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Lil G

Lil G Member

Hey everyone. I was trying to import some of my sample folders into Native Instruments Battery the other day. I knew the browser and library system of Battery sucks ass since day one and everytime i want to add something, i forget about it's many pitfalls and crazy bugs.

I think it is seriously crazy of Native Instruments to continue on with a browser and library system, that would have been unacceptably bad even in a hardware sampler of the 1970's, but the fact, that they don't overhawl this absolutely ridiculous monstrosity to bring it into our century - not even in their flagships like Battery and Kontakt (let alone Maschine and Komplete Kontrol)! - is just not understandable to me. In my view, that would be so much more important, than creating tons of new shiny plugins and sample libraries, which offer little to no additional use, compared with what's already out there.

So to sum up, i have decided to write a tutorial for dealing with the NI Battery user library system, so i don't have to lose my mind again next time i have to do this. I thougt i'll post it here, so maybe i can save others some trouble too. There is literally no information about this on the entire internet and Native Instruments support is unhelpful as f**k.

Cheers

Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 7
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • List

Attached Files:

3. Rere

Rere Member

Many many many thanks!! Really useful stuff.

4. Jacob12177

Jacob12177 Guest

Thank you. This is gonna be very useful to me because I just downloaded Battery. What a coincidece! Thanks.
    Another thing is... how to install ableton properly and how to make it load faster after launch.

5. Lil G

Lil G Member

I have made a couple of changes to my guide, there is a bug, that makes Battery unresponsive to importing anything, that will force you to restart your computer after cleaning up the library. Basically that's just what i added. So here's the corrected version.

Attached Files: