Anyone else looking with intrigue to Harrison Mixbus 32C 4?

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Bunford, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I tried v3 briefly and the analogue and tape modeling built into each bus and master, along with theirbuilt in EQs, compressors etc, I have to say I do love the sound of Mixbus 32C but it fell a bit short for MIDI.

Apparently v4, being released in May 2017, is apparently going to implement a lot of the missing MIDI features. Personally I can't wait to try that cos it's definitely the DAW that sounds the best in terms of analogue desk emulation to me (and saves the endless EQ, compressor and tape plugins eating your CPU!).

Am I the only one waiting with anticipation?

3. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

I still have a legit license from version 2.5 which was on sale in - I believe - 2014. Hardly used it - can't remember anymore why not (maybe it wasn't user friendly enough) - but what upgrade possibilities are there? Might be interesting to play with it again. At the store I see 32C for $299 and just Mixbus for $79. Google also says something about an expired upgrade for $39 last year.

About Mixbus itself, does the saturation (which is its most important feature I guess) really adds that much more in comparison with plugins that can also add warmth? I use Logic X but exporting stems to another DAW to take the benefits from it is always an option of course. I know why people like to mix on real consoles so this could be an alternative.