Anyone else find Serum "too heavy"?

Discussion in 'Software' started by solo83, Mar 7, 2016.

1. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

Is that why they use the new stinkhole dongle protection? Kim K just turned Audioutopia and R2R occupation into a shytty job....literally :rofl:

2. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I completely agree. :wink: Especially when I didn't have too much wine. :headbang:

Joking aside, I do agree. :wink: I love Serum, too! It does depend on what kind of music you use it for, and how you post-process it..

3. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Nexus? A Virus sim? :rofl:
    Joking aside, I agree. Spire is quite nice. I use a lot of it. Very close to a Virus if you use the Infecto filter types and use 9 voice unison with max unison depth (or alternatively, minimum unison depth for thinner plucky tones). You can get some massive hypersaws with it. :like:

4. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

In some case it's even more limited than massive. In massive you can modulate both phase and bend+/-/formant/spectrum and rm and filter fm and position at one time. In serum - only one at time. Because you can't choose both bend+ and fm from osc b at the same time.
    Yes i can import my stuff into it, but the rest feature set is much more limited comparing to Massive.
    And the other fun part is filters. Cheap crap from lfo tool. Srsly. 190$ for the filters from lfo tool? I'm already bought lfo tool. Why i need to pay second time for this crap integrated in synth? When i see word like "synth" i want to see PROPER analog modeled filters. This is just a bullsh!t.
    And i really miss the performer option. I don't understand, if Steven was brave enough to steal everything from everywhere (ott, dimension expander etc) why he didn't copy performer?

Why only two osc + sub? Why i can't use wavetables in sub osc? Why stupid modulation system osc from osc? In the end you will have ONLY ONE usable osc (if you a fan of fm/rm/am stuff).
    The real price of this overhyped toy (DM is king of marketing) 140$, and for lfo tool owners it should be 90$. But not 190$.
    Rlly hope that i will see massive 2 someday.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  5. Lean

Lean Producer

CPU is not that heavy imo personal. I do agree it cuts through the mix but's that a job of mixing & mastering? It cuts thru the mix because its in your face as one of the most "pure" tools out there. If you can't "mix" that purity into your mix then, your doing it wrong or find someone that can. Most "doesn't sit well" in the mix problems comes from Overusage, Play at to high a level (Blah). Mastering can solve tthat problem to an extent. I get what your saying but don't make the mistake of thinking this is to clean and doesn't sit. That's what plugins and mastering etc are for. So imo it's a chain. Remember your volume levels and disperse if u need too to get it to sit better. Use your plugs for that and remaster. Good Luck :yes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List