Anyone else cover their webcam?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MrAnonymous, Oct 11, 2016.

?

Do you cover your webcam?

1. Yes

54 vote(s)
    50.9%
  2. No

52 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

why do they even need a webcam.. when they already have google following you everywhere?
    and google analytics compiling an updated profile on you by the second..

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

Fuck hell nooo!! Wow, the poll.. thought only stupid chicks do this. I am an exhibitionist! I like them to see my schlong when I come frm my bathroom to check how the downloads are goin.. :rofl:

3. Evidence, you just can't have enough. Visuals even taken out of context can be used to bolster the prosecution's case.

4. virusg

virusg Rock Star

no i dont cuz i have noting to hide ...i just dont give a f*** about them, ill just wait them here at my door with a shootgun to blow their heads off... I am free, like I supose to be ... "i will claim my freedom even if it gets me to death for it " :guru:

5. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

I think kaspersky has a webcam protection scheme

6. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

Well, seriously.. we must have very different legal systems. In my country every A/V recording that isn't especially permitted by the court is not only of no value, but is also highly illegal! It's like - there must be someone that denounces you to the police (if false accusation, he/she/they are doomed) then the police must ask the prosecutor to ask the judge for the permission to use "special methods". If this procedure isn't perfect, the case fails - because the defense will usually try to find the "mistake" at this point.

And I still have moronic "friends" who go like: I just bought this pocket recorder.. i will register everything he/she says.. yada yada. (Yp, and THEY will be doing time, no matter what they will be able to record..)

And BTW what do you do with all those 50 cams that catch you, when you go to the grocery..? Car paint can..??

7. Burninstar

Burninstar Platinum Record

We are living in the golden age of privacy right now. The future will be very different in this respect.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

FBI-Virus.png
    You guys must not remember the fake FBI ransomeware scam. Where they used your webcam to detect motion and take footage of you. Even was able to disable the LED on web cams. I had a client that got infected and was sh1tting himself. It got footage of him rolling up some weed and was playing a loop of it while asking for money. This was a fullscreen overlay on your desktop that couldnt be closed or killed.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

You can also blind them with super bright IR LED's. People are installing them on their car license plate lights now so the cams cant read them. Or you make a handheld IR spotlight. Blinds them completely and is completely un-noticable in the day.

• List
  10. Anyone can be manufactured to be a criminal and proven to be one without real proof if one is labeled a terrorist. Legal rights are thrown out the window and you'd find yourself in a Texas Cage Match locked in with a hoard of komodo dragons without even a spoon to defend yourself. Do you really think that most people are not affected by being watched? I think they are even though they are not criminals or they don't care if they are seen beating the meat. Thinking of protesting against the government or a huge multi-national with them having the knowledge of who your friends are, your family, your families friends, your friend's family, your credit card numbers, bank accounts, the ability to know where you are 24/7, etc, etc, etc? Do you think people will not think twice about their online behavior soon if they do not already? Hmmmm. Where vast sums of money and power are at stake in the near future there will be round-ups of "criminal terrorist troublemakers". It only makes sense. Shit, just writing this makes me a future criminal. Am I paranoid? I think not, just concerned about thought crime and the power it holds over me, this idea of being watched.

11. Absolutely, I cover mine. But that's not a problem for the equipment they use to surveillance people these days. Nobody knows anything, everybody knows everything.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

There's evidence of the CIA activating receivers on rotary phones that were still on the hook effectively turning it into a microphone. And this was on an analog system.
    I'm sure they have the capability to do so in this day and age. Their biggest problem lies not in how to do it but when, and to whom.
    With the number of devices capable it would take an enormous amount of manpower to monitor every video feed for every household/facility especially with there being multiple viewpoints in a single location.
    It could only ever be done autonomously. Of course, they did build Monstermind.
    What really scares me is that we aren't too far off from that huge sonar-like receiver Batman built in The Dark Knight. Not with actual video feed (optimism) but with geo-locational data.

I guess the only thing to do unless you're looking to actively petition, emulate Mr Robot, or get off the grid completely/stick tape on cameras, is the same thing I tell my son: live a life beyond reproach.

13. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

@Pinkman
    This is how they compile all the data now.
    Okay, be prepared to shit your pants.
    Read this...
    Not some conspiracy theory article, but an official adobe release paper. Of course there was no announcment, they just slipped this one out without saying anything.

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/content/...s/government/pdfs/govt-insight_whitepaper.pdf

Java is the main culprit.
    Adobe built a huge data center underground right next to the NSA's in Utah.
    So now they can basically just type any serch term and get a live heatmap.

Like subGENRE log into facebook from where. or Pinkman just used the ATM here, live!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    • List
  14. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

15. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

That's why I'm going around like this all the time.. :yes:

[​IMG]

16. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

17. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Who would have thought, Adobe = Audio, Video, CG, Wordprocessing, and Government Self-Spying Database.

They developed this about the time that the NSA was covertly running Operation Prism. When they had their catch all in front of googles servers tracking your searches. Illegally I might add.

BTW Im far from a conspiracy complotist. But I do believe facts

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Bassmonsta

Bassmonsta Ultrasonic

There are some seriously paranoid people here :rofl:

19. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

The facts are there. From whitepapers to actual whistle blowers and class action lawsuits against our own government. Whether you chose to believe it or not doesn't make you paranoid. Imagining it, if it didn't exist would.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

There's one over in Russia too

upload_2016-10-11_16-33-13.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List