Anyone bought a used maschine controller?

Discussion in 'Maschine' started by Herr Durr, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

Have been looking into this.. to try one out, without the large upfront cost.

But seeing there are issues with the controller not functioning due to auth or s/n issues.

Does the hardware have its own auth or is it only for the software suite, or is the maschine

controller a dongle for the software?

Some of the info I have searched so far is a little unclear

on this, if anyone would care to enlighten me.

3. trenton

trenton Kapellmeister

I have previously bought a used Maschine mkii. Luckily it came with the software unregistered from NI.

The controller has it's own serial which you can authorize. Not sure if you need to though. Software has a separate serial which you must authorize if you want to use the official software.

The controller is not a dongle for the software. The software can be used without the hardware.

All this said, the expansions shared at the sister site of AS will probably not work with the official Maschine software (unless you legitimately authorize the expansions of course)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  4. Spacely

Spacely Producer

I sold my Maschine on ebay. As the official owner you can transfer your license to the new buyer. The owner needs to request a license transfer via their account on the NI website.

5. z3r0

z3r0 Ultrasonic

Fuck machine hahahaha

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. bigFlow

bigFlow Ultrasonic

If you want to use it completely legitimate you'll need an SN for the Maschine software itself. However, you can use the Controller with k'd software without any problems, which also gives you the benefit of testing the addons before buying them. That way there's 100% no problem, as long as the hardware is okay.