Anyone any good with electronics/programming?

Discussion in 'Education' started by Bunford, May 29, 2016.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I'm looking to build a DIY spectrum analyzer and wondering if anybody here could provide some pointers for a newbie to the World of electronics and programming.

I am hoping to build a basic 20Hz to 20kHz analyzer to fit into a rack space of about 50cm x 8cm that I have at a shelf on the top of my unit. I plan to put a clear acrylic screen across the front (for shielding/dust protection) and have a display of LEDs behind it. Ideally I want to use flat 'line' lights rather than regular circular LEDs but no idea if they even make them or whether there is any price difference etc.

Anybody able to give me some pointers on where to start with a project like this?

Something that looks like this, with red, green or blue LEDs would be good:
    [​IMG]

3. jeffglobal

jeffglobal Producer

Idk if you knew RadioShack when it really was RadioShack and not BestBuy, but since it went away, I don't even try to build electronics. That was the place I built my first ham radio, and played with my first computer in the 1970s. Good luck.

I'd get an iPad mini or a google knockoff ipad and just use an app, but that's just me. In the end it will be cheaper, unless it's for a specific learning purpose. Then good luck, remember learning is very dangerous.

4. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Why haven't you even responded to the answers in your duplicate post and instead, went for opening a new one? :dunno:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual