Anyone Annoyed by the Symlink/No Install Trash?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by GreatJobChamp, Nov 15, 2017.

1. voidSeeker

voidSeeker Kapellmeister

It's pretty trashy, but I wouldn't kick the new Kontakt out of bed. Very useful...

2. Callaghan

Callaghan Member

I'm loving the symlink installs they make everything so much easier. Neutron and Ozone have been released already, hopefully a "Symlink/No Install Trash" is released too :rofl:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. robbieeparker14

robbieeparker14 Producer

i love kontakt portable the fact that i can add all my libs with one click...priceless even with legit kontakt i use it over that just for that feature

4. fred

fred Newbie

I love the symlink or the portable way. Very easy
    Anyway this is the most advanced way to have last version. R2R don't release native anymore since many months...

5. ...but if I could only suss out how to actually install the gobblygook that is birthed from that .exe I would be a happy hombre. I really have no idea what to make of it.

6. fr3tone

fr3tone Newbie

I see where everyone’s coming from that they’re easy installs, but the fact is old releases are now flooding the new releases section. So annoying might be a bit of an exaggeration, however - they’re cluttering the website. I think all symlink / no install links should be included in posts that are already listed. (eg: A no install/symlink version of Kontakt 6.5 added to the already existing post as a quote box stating “SYMLINK/NO INSTALL:”)

7. Infidel

Infidel Producer

Complaining about something you stole. YOU are annoying.
    If you don't like it GO BUY IT!!!!

F OFF.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. ash1

ash1 Ultrasonic

got everything installed and working with the kontakt symlink no install big thumbs up to the symlink no install versions :like:

9. Yuri

Yuri Rock Star

That was unnecessarily aggressive, people have the right to voice their opinions whether you agree with them or not.

10. Aliens

Aliens Guest

I think people should hold off judgement on this until r2r have had their say on the matter.
    Either they're okay with the releases using their efforts, or it's just another bunch of leechers finding new ways of earning money from rg and ul links.

11. Jeff Maneville

Jeff Maneville Ultrasonic

No, not at all. I do find the floods of free stuff incredibly annoying, though.
    Sometimes, I like to browse the site to see what's been posted in certain categories and it can be a bit frustrating to go through the pages of Free stuff. I don't actually come here to find free software that I can get from many other sites on the net. I love this site so I consider it a minor annoyance. A lot of others seem to like it so, hey, it's all good.
    Maybe there could be a separate section for free stuff?

12. ash1

ash1 Ultrasonic

a minor annoyance :woot:
    Symlink/No Install keep them coming :like:

13. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer

Ok so they ARE actually the same as all the other plugins available then..

I was under the impression that they literally were some kind of "intro" thing... but I suppose that comment is just an equivalent to "try before you buy."

Almost some kind of disclaimer to make people feel like they aren't stealing... the whole "and don't forget guys.. try before you buy!!"

14. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

Well ,ive tried dl,in a couple of those sym link installer plugs..

But each time i get..."Not a valid win32 apP"

15. vladdrac

vladdrac Kapellmeister

Symlink is the best thing to ever happen to Kontakt, plz keep em coming!

16. TruBlood

TruBlood Kapellmeister

stuff didn't work for me. still on kontakt 5.6 :( anyone who knows what their doing PM me to get me some help

17. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

5.7.0 installed fine I can not for the life of me get 5.7.1 installed. ran it it did not install. If anyone can assist me it would greatly be appreciated. Obviously lets do this via PM to keep this forum in the guidelines.

18. baba_anubis

baba_anubis Newbie

if on certain plugin written x86, anychance it will work on XP? (I am asking before in the past some plugins that claimed to work only n Windows 7 did work on XP)

I am also asking because maybe some folders on windows 7 have diffrent names than XP...

19. dtwo

dtwo Noisemaker

Can anyone translate one of the full readme files contained in one of the simlink releases. For the first time I'm actually lost ?

20. stephenellis2000

stephenellis2000 Member

How do you .. er... install these "no install" progs any way ? do you simply move the "c" files to their respective locations and then hit the symlink cmd ?? cheers folks !!!