Anyone able to explain how to use LUFS

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by lukehh, Sep 22, 2014.

1. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

I think I'm becoming crazy soon. :snuffy:
    I have an audioclip and have to set its LUFS, „Loudness Units relative to Full Scale“ to a value of -23LUFS.
    I have tried NuGen VisLM, I tried Audiocation Loudness Meter VST, I've tried Adobe Audition (TC Electronic Loudness Radar)..The problem is, I'm really much to stupid to understand how to use them. Isn't there any easy tool that analyses an audio clip and then export it at an fixed level like -23LUFS (what seems to be a kind of standard value) :dunno:

Any suggestions

SOLVED!

I just used this tutorial for Adobe Audition and worked perfectly!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcCavLKRsPk

3. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Lukehh,

Aaarghh... it seems that I arrive too late ! :snuffy: :rofl:

However, you can perhaps also find your happiness with the following FREE Plugin (both for PC & MAC OSX) and all the related Info :

[​IMG]

Klangfreund 'LUFS Meter'

"The LUFS Meter plugin measures loudness similar to the human perception of loudness."

P.S: Don't hesitate to read the full page with the important Info provided... *yes* :wink:

4. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

isn't there something which can measure all kinds of loudness standards included in izotope ozone too?

5. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

Yes..Thanks anyway..But This is also just an analyser and as far as I understood its not even to analyze and pull down the peak level (db)...its a little bit more complicated. But the video clip discribes it very well.

6. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

The video above should show how to batch normalize to n LUFS (but I haven't watched it).

RX 4 has a new "Loudness module" https://www.izotope.com/en/products/audio-repair/rx/whats-new/

-23 LUFS seems kinda like a TV standard, ni?

7. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

Yes..its european broadcast standard. And even for online advertisment.

8. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

I don't think there are many of us Audition users here. I like it a lot, and have been using it for years because it looked so much like pro tools, but wasn't as proprietary, back wen Pro Tools only wanted to use their things.. I have the whole Adobe Suite now, "cloud" form. Updates whenever I go online, and a lot of other powerful and fun tools in there, but most of it I don't use. video stuff (Premiere), Photoshop, and Audition, document processing, mostly, but I go look at tutorials for the new things I am trying to learn. Nice to have two monitors when you do that, so you can work the software on one and and watch the other video at same time, nice and big.