anybody knows anything about this LCD

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Yellow Raven, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Yellow Raven

Yellow Raven Platinum Record

Hello again,

sorry for the frequent posts but please bear with me dear friends.
    here we don't have return policies as in Europe or the US

anyway, does any of you know or used this LCD?
    MSI Pro MP271QP 27″ WQHD
    I want to use it as a second screen but on amazon they say it needs a type A battery. why and what for ?
    also can the speakers be turned off?
    quality wise it seems OK and all the reviews I've seen say so

thanks for the help. cheers

3. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Hi @Yellow Raven
    I don't know it but I found a quite extensive test report. It's in german, but google translator will do the translating for you.
    https://www.prad.de/testberichte/msi-pro-mp271qp-preiswerter-wqhd-homeoffice-monitor/

I have not found anything on the question of whether the speakers can be switched off.
    However, I cannot imagine that the speakers can be galvanically isolated via software.
    In the test, however, the noise development was examined and neither a transformer nor a loudspeaker hum was found. That is positive.

In an earlier post you said you would use the PC for 3ds max.
    In various reports from buyers, I read that the Mionitor had (sometimes extreme) delays despite the 5ms reaction time (is it because of the built-in anti-flicker function?).
    I think that this could be disadvantageous for you when designing 3D models. A smooth display is essential for this.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

ViewSonic VP2768 374,20 €
    Best Affordable Monitor for Photography, Graphic Design, and Video Editing (sRGB) The ViewSonic VP2768 is an inexpensive but very solid entry-level solution. The 27 inch monitor comes in WQHD resolution and offers 100% sRGB with hardware calibration via 14 bit 3D LUTs. A color purity of delta <2 and a homogeneity of delta <5%, at a price of approx. 400 euros, are a challenge. In addition, the monitor has an ergonomic base, which means that the monitor can be rotated, tilted and used in a pivot position. An absolute no-brainer for the price-conscious content creator who does not intend to print with AdobeRGB or produce films in DCI-P3. The ViewSonic VP2768 is completely unrivaled in its price range:

ViewSonic VP2768 Monitor Review: Very good!

LG UltraGear 27GL850-B 427,78€
    My common recommendation is the LG UltraGear 27GL850-B. This is a 27 ″ WQHD monitor (109 PPI), with 144Hz refresh rate, 98% DCI-P3 color space coverage (35% more than sRGB). In addition, after a software calibration, pictures and videos can also be edited with it:

5. Yellow Raven

Hey thanks pal for the info. I thought there was something not right. I will see further into the issue
    cheers

6. Yellow Raven

thank you @BEAT16 I used to have a 19" CRT Viewsonic back in the 90's. that thing was the size of a tank :)
    but it served me well though I bought it second hand. alas Viewsonic are a bit expensive here and generally old releases
    the one you mentioned is not available. we have VP2365-LED 23" at 360$
    and the ViewSonic VP2655wb Professional 26″ at 700$
    at this price I can buy a 4k which will be my main monitor when I find a suitable one
    thank you again

7. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

A side note on monitors:
    If you want to use a 4K monitor and also want to use your PC as a 3D workstation (and even if you just want to push windows from one to another monitor): I would strongly recommend to avoid mixing HD and 4K Monitors or you will see jumping windows and broken lines in your models.
    I personally prefer good HD monitors over cheap 4K monitors for 3D modeling. Much less data to transport from graphics card to monitors what leads to higher fps for less money.
    And seriously, for me 4K has no noticeable advantage on 27'' monitors. I sold my 4K's and went back to HD :)
    If you want to play out 4K videos or cut rendered material with Premiere/Resolve I would prefer to buy a third bigger monitor far behind the monitors on the wall with 4K just for the video output. I use a quite cheap (~ $200) but very good Blackmagic video output (SDI 6G and HDMI 2.0) Card https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/de/products/decklink/techspecs/W-DLK-32

8. F.L.O.W.

F.L.O.W. Producer

Yeah, I used it once.
    It makes you see things that aren't there, and makes you misread words and acronyms.

9. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Really? :unsure: :no:

10. Yellow Raven

hey pal, thank you for the input
    ever since I started using PCs I loved screen Real estate the 4K I am aiming is 32" as what I understand is that at smaller sizes the text and
    buttons will look too small
    I always use 2 screens. for Graphic work and 3d I keep the reference on the 2nd screen and the palettes of 3D max etc...
    for Music I keep the Mixer on the 2nd screen and use it for my sheet View (which is pretty essential to me)
    2 4K screens is pretty overkill for me. now I am using 1 24" as main and 1 20" as secondary. they are pretty old and served their time...
    so I am thinking using the new MSI 27" as my main for a while and the old 24" as secondary and in time add a4k 32" as main and keep
    the 27" as secondary. do you think I will still have scaling and mixing problems?
    I've seen those new very wide screens that look damn sexy but are out of my budget
    like this one
    Samsung 49″ 240Hz 1ms Odyssey G9 Gaming Monitor

thank you for the help much appreciated :bow:

11. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

I've had that mixed environment and after a while I hated it because of the different scaling Windows needed to do. And back then (2 years or three?) even not every verndor could deliver Apps that did the scaling right for 4K (Adobe :no:)
    Therefore, I went back to 3x HD.

Using a 24'' and a 27'' mixed I can't imagine that you will happy with. Given the same resulution objects will have different heights/lenghts! This means they will shrink or expand when you move them from one monitor to the other...

I think a HiDPI 49'' is a great alternative. You have the same monitor real estate but no color deviation because it is one monitor.
    But I would think about the curved or a plain monitor. Straight lines on the screen would no longer be straight because of the parrallax. I haven't seen a wireframe model on such a screen, but I can imagine that it would be irritating in 3D.
    But Amazon makes it possible to order one of each and you just send back what does'nt fit your needs. :)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  12. Yellow Raven

thank you very much
    and god bless amazon and the return policies you have in your countries
    where I live (Lebanon) once I step out the shop door I can't return anything and we only get one year guarantee even if the item has 5 years guarantee in other countries. and these days, due to our economical crisis, online shopping is out of the question.

anyway thank you again. and cheers

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

If we want to be really nasty (to Amazon) I'll order the monitors and test them for you :rofl:

We here get upset about little things when, for example, electricity becomes 10% more expensive, but there are completely different problems. Open to the top...

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  14. Yellow Raven

yeah so true. here we don't have electricity anymore (one hour a day at most) and the price for 5Amp of it per month is more than twice the minimum wages...

anyay I wish you happy holidays and a wonderful new year. :cheers:

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

I, too,wish you and your family all the best for the holidays. especially health, but also that the situation in your home country finally improves. A lot. :mates:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List