Anybody here that can read and understand the crash file?

Discussion in 'Live' started by Daskeladden, May 9, 2019.

1. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

It would be easier to just link to the post than attach a screenshot, and we could see what the replies were without having to search on Reddit. Looks like your Akai is making problems then.

2. Talula

Talula Rock Star

3. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

Strange if this is the issue since the standalone of Ableton 10 worked fine, but you never know. Obviously it's been pinned down to some issue between audio interface and Windows/Ableton. Maybe a reinstall and factory reset of the audio interface would fix it. Also updating firmware to the latest could be a good idea (EIE Pro - Firmware Update v1.04 (Windows) )
    Also be sure to use the Windows 10 driver for the audio interface:
    EIE Pro - Driver v2.9.64 (Windows 8.1 & 10)

That being said the Akai Eie Pro is "very" old and that could cause issues with new Windows 10 and Ableton 10. If the the driver, firmware, KHz setting and factory reset does not fix it you should consider a new audio interface.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  4. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Producer

look at your file permissions or start ableton in admin mode

5. Buckner

Buckner Newbie

You need to analyze the crash dump file .dmp.
    1. Download and install free Visual Studio:
    https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/free-developer-offers/

2. Locate the Ableton generated crash dump file. It will be located here:
    C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live Reports\Temp

3. Right click the .dmp file and choose "Open with Visual Studio"

4. You should see something similar to the following:
    [​IMG]

In Dump Summary, you should see something like
    Exception Code: 0xC0000005
    Exception Information: thread tried to read to or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access

Scroll the Modules section to the last file in the listbox...move that file out of whatever directory it is in and put it on your desktop or in a temp folder...it is the issue.

Good luck!

6. demberto

demberto Rock Star

Look up for the app logs in Windows Event Viewer. You should get some more useful information. Using a debugger will almost never help you except if you have a debug build. You will get more cryptic messages and errors. I think some people here think that this error is because of you blocking some domains.
    Apps have their own isolated space in RAM. When a DAW loads a plugin (a .dll) the plugin then shares its address space with the DAW. So if a plugin misbehaves i.e. tries to access a portion of RAM which is invalid or inaccessible, that ends up crashing the whole DAW.
    Just reinstall the DAW and take the effort of updating your cracked plugins.
    Try Windows update, Driver booster whatever you like. Drivers won't most likely be an issue. Turn off your AV, etc.

7. Haliax

Haliax Guest

I've been able to pinpoint individual dlls that cause crashes by opening a crash dump in windbg, it's not a simple one click solution but it can determine what causes software to crash. You just need to know what to do, and I'm sure there are thousands of tutorials online to help.

But...I agree a debug build will help massively. No one in their right mind would release a debug version of their DAW though

8. verwest

verwest Member

I have this problem
    I am using Windows 10 Pro with build 19045.3086
    and Ableton 11.3.3 Pached NoGrp
    After working on a project for a while, I saved it and tried to open it again tomorrow. As soon as it is opened, the project closes after 5-10 seconds.
    When I turn off VSTs (VST2 and VST3), the project opens, but it can't work without plugins...
    All the plugins I use are the latest cracked versions

I will take a picture of the error
    How can I fix this problem?
    problem.jpg

9. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

Couple things you could try:

- Update your graphics card's drivers
    - Enable software rendering / disable hardware rendering (DirectX, OpenGL, Vulkan) in your plugins.
    - Disable/remove Serum. If it's not Serum, isolate the problematic plugin/s.
    - If your graphics card is reasonably new (~5 years) and supports Vukan, you could try grabbing DXVK (dxvk-2.2.tar.gz) and copy the d3d/dxgi dlls to your plugins / Serum's folder and to the folder where Ableton's exe is located.

10. verwest

verwest Member

First, thank you for your help
    I only know sooth, which can be activated or deactivated from opengl, and I deactivated it. I don't know the rest of the plugins, if you know, please advise...
    I once deleted the serum in the project and replaced it with Sylenth 1, which was closed again
    My graphic card is old, it is AMD R7 370 and I have installed the latest update, I don't know if it supports Vulcan or not.

11. verwest

verwest Member

I solved this problem by using the PSP Vintage Warmer2 plugin, which caused this error. Of course, I deleted the Xfer serum VST3 version and used the VS2.4 version, but I think the PSP VintageWarmer2 plugin caused this error. I used this plugin, it always crashes in my system I thought that this bug was fixed in the new version, but it was not

12. verwest

verwest Member

UPDATE
    The VST3 version causes crashes. I opened more than 20 VST2s, it worked well and had no crashes. I used PSPaudioware.PSP.VintageWarmer2.v2.10.1-R2R version.
    And also the VST3 serum that I had removed before and I use VST2