Anybody got any UK fibre broadband recommendations?

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Bunford, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I'm in UK and currently have Sky Fibre at 40MB and being charged way too much for it. I am looking to change and upgrade to a 76MB serviceat a cheaper cost.

Anybody got any recommendations on good providers? Need a decent router too so I can stream HD videos and gaming in other rooms and so on.

Cheers :wink:

3. DKB

DKB Producer

I use virgin media mate I'm only running a 100mb but it's quick and solid never any caps it's all unlimited on uploads and downloads . The wireless is great too . I never have any problems streaming films on wifi . I pay £45 a month for Tivo tv , broadband, and unlimited phone calls . Pretty good service from them

4. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Yeah, i used to have Virgin in my old flat. I now live round the corner and can't get it any more. Weird though cos I live in Cardiff city centre?!?! Anyway, sounds good, but unfortunately i can't get it.

Been eyeing up the 76MB Vodafone deal for £28 with no usage limits.

5. ed-enam

ed-enam Rock Star

Virgin. Never had any problem apart from occasional maintenance but they inform you beforehand. They upgraded mine to 100 mb from 60 for free. But vodafone isn't too bad though, go for it. Do check the download bandwidth. With 76mb I think it would be 3-4 mb. Ask specifically that how much bandwidth they will give you for streaming and that would be your download as well.