anybody get pro tools 10.3.10 working in mac os x sierra?

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by bldngblck, Jan 27, 2017.

1. bldngblck

bldngblck Newbie

i did the dummy move and upgraded from mac os x 10.8.5 to sierra to get the new logic 10.3, not even thinking that my pro tools might not work. something about the avid audio core plugin wouldn't run.
    is there a work around or an updated plugin i could replace it with that will get pro tools 10.3.10 working?
    thanks

3. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

Short answer: no. You'll notice that the core plugin got moved to the "incompatible Software" folder, rendering PT 10 useless. Unfortunately, PT 11 & 12 never got k'd for Mac, meaning, you'll have to actually buy PT 12 in order to use it again. Fortunately, it's on a subscription model now, which makes it a bit cheaper to own legitimately. More bad news: since you can't use PT 10 anymore, all of your RTAS plugs are also useless (PT 12 is AAX only), and a lot of the k'd PT plugs you were using can't be currently k'd for AAX. That means you'll also need an AAX wrapper, like BlueCat Patchwork or DDMf's Metaplugin, to run the AU or VST versions inside PT.

Your only other solution is to roll back to 10.8.5 (or just partition your boot drive to run 10.8 and 10.12 separately, one for PT, one for Logic), which may be worth it, if you want to keep using k'd PT 10 HD and certain RTAS plugs.