Any who has an old Bias Peak for mac could help me?

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Pirata, Jun 10, 2023.

1. Pirata

Pirata Newbie

Any who has an old Bias Peak for mac could help me?

thanks

3. Pirata

Pirata Newbie

I could paypal, if any has it, please PM me. thank you!

4. grounder

grounder Kapellmeister

You don't mention what OS you intend it for, so search the usual places (including Mac repository) and you will find liberated copies of BIAS Peak 2.5, 3 and 4 that are intended for OS9 and early MACOSX - PPC.

BIAS Peak Studio XT 7 is still avaliable for purchase, with offline activation available if required, that will work well with Leopard to High Sierra. Mojave is iffy due to how app handles scratch disk and what files systems are used (HFS vs APFS) on the drives/partitions.

5. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

I still have the retail cd (and the box even) for Peak 3 or 4 (bought it around 2001/2002), but like grounder said, you can find it all over the place at the old school PPC Mac sites..

6. epochfunk

epochfunk Member

What kind of hardware/OS are you trying to run it on, or are you using an emulator like ShhepShaver or QEMU?

Old school 68k & PPC Macintosh sites are the best <3

7. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

I take advantage of this discussion: which app has replaced definitely BIAS Peak for good? (I mean on Mac Sierra 10.12).
    Too bad, 'cause Peak was a great app :(

Thanks for the infos :yes:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2023
  8. Pirata

Pirata Newbie

Hello, I would like to find the 5.2 or 6, I am using El cCapitan and soon will update to High SIerra.

Hardware? Akai S3200, E-mu 6400 ultra etc.

thanks mates

9. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

I had to give up PEAK when I upgraded to Lion back in the day and wound up using Audiofile Engineering Wave Editor as a replacement for a while after that, which I think was able to run all the way up to Sierra. It's just about as good as PEAK, though it's 32-bit only, so it can't really run a lot of latter-day plugs (but should be able to run any plugs you have in Sierra). As a real-time audio editor, though, it was definitely as good as PEAK. Unfortunately, the company went through a lot of hands and Wave Editor became "Triumph", which is nowhere near as good. Audiofile Engineering apparenty stopped making Triumph and it seems like dead technology now. If you can't find the last version of Wave Editor (which I think is probably still around on the sister site), I would suggest Acoustica, which is probably the best two-track audio editor on the market today, although it only runs on High Sierra and later.

10. grounder

grounder Kapellmeister

Zynaptiq picked up dev of most of the final AE apps a few years ago and updated them for modern MACOS. They now sell them as MAC Audio Apps Bundle V2. V1 were still available with updates for former licensed users (or running a trial reset script) Pretty detailed changelogs on the site for all. I haven't used any of the V2 ones myself. Still use Wave Editor on Mojave and agree with your comments about it and Acoustica.

11. Pirata

Pirata Newbie

Well, if any of you has a working Peak 5.2 ( mine stopped forever torrenting in 79,4%, I will paypal)

12. Pirata

Pirata Newbie

I am desperate, please help