Any way to transfer Kontakt 6 Portable libraries to Kontakt 7 Portable?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by MisterCrayle, Feb 19, 2023.

1. MisterCrayle

MisterCrayle Newbie

I have a bunch of libraries on my Kontakt 6 Portable version and I dread the idea of having to import each and every library in Kontakt 7 Portable one by one.

Is there a folder or specific file that I can copy from Kontakt 6 Portable and copy/paste that into the Kontakt 7 Portable folder?

3. bigguy1

bigguy1 Member

I did that. Worked very well. I had to manually copy some directories from K6P to K7P. I am on vacation right now, so I can't have a look whick directories exactly. But I can do when I am home next week.

You can experiment yourself. It wasn't too complicated. I think it was the users or configs directory.

4. orbitbooster

orbitbooster Audiosexual

I didn't fully understand the question, I just used the internal library manager, gave it the path and bang, libraries are all there (k6 or k7 is the same).
    If they don't have a nicnt file I just load them by kontakt browser.

5. fishnose

fishnose Producer

Best Answer
    In your Kontakt 7 Portable installation is a folder called 'UserData' which at present contains little useful info.
    Rename this 'UserData' folder to put it aside and keep it intact (I call mine 'UserData Original'). Just in case you need something from it in the future. No need to remove it.

Now copy the entire 'UserData' folder from your Kontakt 6 Portable folder to your Kontakt 7 Portable folder.
    In the new 'UserData' folder is a folder called 'Kontakt'. Rename it to 'Kontakt 7'.
    If there is no 'NI Resources' folder in your new 'UserData' folder, then create one.

Everything will turn up right away and look exactly the same :like:

6. MisterCrayle

MisterCrayle Newbie

Thank you! Worked like a charm.