Any way to install Kontakt with Factory Library now Bob Dule's crack is dead?

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by ericbrewster, Oct 23, 2020.

1. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

I'm also running 6.4.2, without any issues that I've encountered yet. I also own legit Kontakt (NI Komplete 11 Ultimate, to be specific), and that runs perfectly fine, in parallel. I even installed k'd Massive X (which isn't in NI Komplete until v12, iirc). It shows in Native Access as "Demo", but I just leave well enough alone there. I actually did install a demo copy of it at one point before installing the k'd version, so I'm not sure if it still is detecting that, or if it thinks my k'd version is a demo. Either way, it works, and NI doesn't appear to be any wiser.

And I highly recommend Kontakt Portable... 6.4.2 from the sister site should be fine (just don't tell DoubleTake since he is very protective of her :P).

2. Vlerck

Vlerck Newbie

I'd just like to give you guys a huge and massive THANK YOU for all the useful information on this forum, a couple years back I was fanatically trying to break Kontakt for hours days and weeks but just got demoralized after the 10th failed attempt that initially felt like it worked - now, mainly following your posts, I've got everything to work beyond smoothly and in no-time... It feels like a weight of my shoulders, especially now in these pandemic times where I just don't have the €150 lying around for a Rise & hit or a Pharlight - I usually invest my gig profits in gear and software. Didn't really have all that many gigs this year xD.

I can indeed confirm that the 6.4.2 (portable for me) from the sister site works very good in combination with libraries, which I personally get from the Russian site (which I'm not quit sure if I can name here) - long story short the combination has been an absolute godsend in this time of need!!

So yeah, thanks again. I've never been much of a Forum person ( is that a thing? ) but this has been amazing so far :*

3. Crevice9

Crevice9 Producer

I'm running 6.4.1 (r88) and see no need to update at all. It has an separate install library feature. I don't download anything from NI. At least since Sharkland is no longer working.