Any users of the PreSonus Studio 68 here?

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Polymetrix, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Polymetrix

Polymetrix Platinum Record

I want to upgrade from my Saffire 6 USB later this year and this piece fits the bill (USB, MIDI-in-out, min. 1x XLR, min. 1x Hi-Z, external power supply, under 350 bucks (240 atm)). The overall layout is made for my desk which is also a big plus.

If you look around you'll find positive reviews but mostly negative feedback in forums which is nothing new as disgruntled people tend to post A LOT more often than happy customers...so I am looking for the satisfied people: are there any (here)?

3. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

i had the two channel older version couple years ago. very stable driver, zero latency monitoring , pristine audio quality. still regret to sell it.
    you step up cause you need more audio inputs? if so , buy the 8 channel so you can record whole bands. but yeah this one is a killer unit and integrates with studio one 4 nicely as i seen

4. Polymetrix

Polymetrix Platinum Record

Never gonna record an entire band but the 68 is an upgrade nonetheless: preamps+headroom, layout and even a damn power switch. Also: my computer seems to struggle with anything it has to power via USB so the external power will also help a great deal (whenever I tried to use the 48V on this or earlier interfaces it didn't work that well)...although I'll upgrade that (computer) too sometime between April '19 and '20. I'll keep the Saffire as backup. And: Studio One user here...

Thanks for the input! Appreciated a lot!