Any Softube Console 1 users here?

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by julianbre, Jan 8, 2018.

1. julianbre

julianbre Kapellmeister

I've been looking for a good Neve console strip and read about the Softube Console 1 British Class A strip. From what I've heard in videos it sounds amazing. I want a setup so it's like I am mixing through a console again. This seems like exactly what I'm looking for.

I own the UAD 1073 classic, 1081 (wish I had bought the 31102 instead. That is my favorite eq) Sonimus Burnley 73 and the Slate FG-N. All sound great.

Are you still happy with your Console 1 purchase? What is the CPU hit like putting it on all channels? Works well with UAD plug ins? How about the Softube plugs from the sister site? Never cared for them myself and would only be interested in trying the Trident A-Range, Tube-Tech CL 1B and maybe the Valley People Dyna-mite until I can decide if I need to purchase them.

Any other options I should look at instead? Like the Brainworx bx_console N? Funny that they modeled a Neve VXS console. Not the best Neve ever produced haha. Being able to control the plugins is a big plus for the Control 1.

One more thing, I am running two different computers, Windows Pro 7 and PT10.3.10HD on one and PT12.5HD on the other. Would need to be able to plug it into what ever computer I am using at the time.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. MasterD

MasterD Newbie

i can’t live without it! I use it on every single channel, the CPU it takes is nothing.

Really great unit!

• List
  4. Fudsey Plange

Fudsey Plange Rock Star

Oh don't. This glorious thing gives me so much GAS I'm going to explode with farts.

5. Bill Vkerchi?

Bill Vkerchi? Kapellmeister

I demoed the Brainworx's Console E, and it is absolutely fantastic. I would go for it over the Console 1 without any doubts, especially if you're going to recreate the console workflow and use it on every channel. They've modeled the differences in every channel. It was really hard giving that plugin up. I can't speak for their Neve emulation but I suspect that it would be great as well. I suggest you'd demo their console N and if you're not insanely particular about going all Neve (it sounds like you are) I would also suggest that you'd demo their Console E, which is their latest console emulation, which is fantastic.

• List
  6. mlb4sheaz

mlb4sheaz Ultrasonic

Ive had mine for a year or so, its an amazing peice of hardware which i also couldnt live without now. I have the mk2, not sure if there is much difference to the original.

• List
  7. tooloud

tooloud Ultrasonic

Console 1 has impeccable integration with UAD2 unison plugins. Being able to track through a Neve or SSL and control everything on the software with a dedicated knob is the best way to feel like you are at a large console. Brainworks may have great emulations but you’re still using a mouse. But if that’s not an issue, then check the demos on Acustica Audios classic channel strips.

• List
  8. julianbre

julianbre Kapellmeister

Thanks everyone for the info. I keep hearing how great it sounds. Don't really need another controller though.

I'm trying to make me life easier and workflow faster so I am going to try the Overload Tapedesk on all channels, then Slate VCC on all buses.
    Main eq will be Sonimus Burnley 73 or Sknote Ch5. That ought to put me pretty close to what I want. Still going to demo the bx_console N though.

Thanks again for all the replies.