Any scaler users?

Discussion in 'Software' started by peterA, Jun 29, 2022.

1. peterA

peterA Platinum Record

Anyone here use scaler? If so maybe you can answer a (probably) stupid question that has me fooled.

At the bottom of the screen are 8 boxes where you build your chord progression. I assumed that each box represented one bar so 8 boxes equals 8 bars. However, when I drag the midi into Studio One I only get 4 bars.

Does each box only last half a bar (which doubles the playback speed) or am I missing a setting to make each box one bar?

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

Best Answer
    Click Settings (Gear Icon). Playback -> Chord Duration. It defaults to 2 and you can make it whatever you want.

I love Scaler's function and purpose, but from a general software perspective I hate the damn thing. :guru: It should Default to 4, for the 99% of the time this thing is getting used. Or it could be right in front of your face on the GUI with no menu diving. I don't even bother, I just option-drag them in Logic to time stretch the midi to fit correctly. There is other stuff in the program which are a similar experience for the user. If your first experience with a piece of audio software is like this one, with it making you feel stupid; a customer trying out a demo will not buy it.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

When you click on edit, you will see the second menu is !PLAYBACK TIMINGS" , click on it, there you can determine how much last each chord.
    In your case, using the repeat line and changing ech chord to 2 will give an entire bar per chord.

I know that's not very "normal" but :dunno:

5. peterA

peterA Platinum Record

Thanks for the quick replies. It does seem odd that the default is half a bar, a full bar is the obvious conclusion a user would make and would make the programme a little more user friendly.

Thanks again for the help.

6. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

clone's Answer is much better than mine :wink: