Any recommendations or advice for D&B production?

Discussion in 'Genre Specific Production' started by Bunford, May 27, 2020.

1. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

the second one, layering a low end kick with an airy one etc. is super common in certain hip hop subgenres, especially if you do that with a chopped up breakbeat (pete rock does that alot)

2. joem

joem Producer

basically and i domake dnb dubstep etc and have stuff released and alli use are mainly cymatics packs serum and harmour and breaks packs
    90 to 100hz for your kick snare 200 to 230 and hats cut to taste all the low end out and saturate. er preset packs to get you going again cymaticks packs are good tbh eventhough there way over used virtual riot does some great packs for basses over on splice but yea basically for growls etc in serum just use the hs12 filter and drag lfo one on to it and make it in to a triangle. Mids basses like to reeces phase growls etc hit at around 150 to one 60 hz on the eq (cutting out the low end at around 100hz so they dont clash with the suband kick) add ott and distortion to each bass then group them to a bus and limit the fuck out of them and sidechain them to the kick add a sub (hi cut it all the way to around 50hz and i keep this seperate fromthe mid basses never ever group the dub to the mid basses as you getphasing and frequency clashing) thats the same notes as your bass but on a lower octave and mix that around a db above you rmid basses. pads etc sit underneath your mid basses and thatspretty much it. If you doing liquid and want to add saws sylenth obviousky or i like dune aswell for super saws just make sure there not classing with the mid tones of you bass so basically low and hi cut to around 300 hz and 4000 hz group themto a bus and compress them all has a hole. Thats the gist really

3. joem

joem Producer

and yea mixdown wise kick and snare simileror even the samelevels hats put around 2 db below them breaklayers a db or so under neath the hats basses etc i just keepthemall at 0db and turn the group to taste same with the saws i level the off so each one can be heard and then level off the bus channel so iots around 2 db below the mid basses group sub put around a db above the mid basses group if your haveing a lead line to put that around a db above your saws and send all the buses/groups the sidechain not each induvidual sounds. Oh also bpm can be between 165 to 175 180ish

4. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

I think a lot of folks also sped up dub and reggae clips and chops. Just make sure you get the MC who mumbles into a mic with a fake Jamaican accent.