Any market for cinematic beats or is that just dead???

Discussion in 'Rap, Hip-Hop, R&B' started by jksixfour914, Aug 18, 2019.

1. jksixfour914

jksixfour914 Kapellmeister

What's up? I basically make majority of the time rap/trap beats with a cinematic feel to it. More on the darker side. Is there any market for my type of music I make or should I just basically try to get involved with trying to make instrumentals for another part of the music biz?

For example one I just created: https://bsta.rs/5d1aef1

3. Rockseller

Rockseller Platinum Record

music for film n games n youtubers n commercials? you can look these people up ... or maybe collab w fimstudents or game developing students or something like that. they will need music for their projects and both sides will have the opportunity to learn n explore workflows.

4. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

To be brutally honest with you, your music, at this stage, lacks the depth and complexity of music needed for a film/game score.

If you're in this to make money, you can make typical trap beats that are popular today, but the market is overcrowded and you have to put a lot of time into promoting yourself on social media and thru your local scene.

If you're in this for the craft, wanna find your authentic sound, you need to keep studying, writing and experimenting with musical ideas. It takes a whole lotta time and I mean A LOT. Just stop for a few minutes and think about what you wanna do. Don't force something to yourself and when you found it, direct your focus on that.

If you wanna make hiphop beats, then make hiphop beats with a twist. If you wanna make film scores, you need to work your ass off cause it's not just about your loads of Kontakt libraries and string trills and big brass ensembles.
    Whichever you choose, just don't get discouraged. I've been down that road. it sucks your energy and creativity.