Any Legit Spire Users Experiencing Problems With 1.5.7 Update?

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by TryHard, Mar 10, 2021.

1. TryHard

TryHard Kapellmeister

Anyone else experiencing problems with the new 1.5.7 update on Windows 7 64-bit and/or with FL Studio 20.8.2?

[EDIT : Please state which OS you are using, as I suspect, it may be due to Windows 7, thanks] :)

Previous version 1.5.6 worked fine. But when I downloaded and installed the recent 1.5.7 (VST, 64-bit) update, FL Studio cannot scan the plugin and returns an error.

Note: I own the plugin and I'm referring to the legit version downloaded directly from Reveal Sound's own website.

Although, if there is something wrong with their official installer, that may also have a knock-on effect on any non-legit versions also.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

Working fine my legit Spire 1.5.7, did some huge pads and supersaw basslines just to try around, works just like 1.5.6 for me.

Scanning worked of 1.5.7 in Ableton v11.0 win.

And i guess you are on windows or where?

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. TryHard

TryHard Kapellmeister

I'm using it on Windows 7 (64-bit) ... I installed it over the top of my previous 1.5.6 Spire. FL Studio (current legit version) gets an error when I try to re-scan my plugins (Spire 1.5.7 is the only one with an error, all my other plugins are fine)

Can I ask, which version of Windows do you have it running on? ... Windows 10 (64-bit?)

5. odod

odod Rock Star

working fine here .. on Mojave with latest FL Studio. all legit

edit: sorry just realized your on window, anyway latest FL can reduce the cpu usage on my mojave especially when using Bellatrix audio patches

6. TryHard

TryHard Kapellmeister

Thanks for replying, 'Mojave' is MacOS, right? ... I'm wondering if it's a Windows 7 issue.

I have emailed Reveal Sound and provided my specs, they said they will look into the issue. While I wait for their response, I thought I'd see if anyone else was having similar issues. Especially when I saw all the people commenting on sister site regarding 1.5.7 crashing. Although, that wasn't in relation to a legit version, like I have.

7. ArticStorm

You can to scan it with reaper to ensure its not an OS or FL problem.

you get a fully working working reaper version @reaper dot fm (its just for testing, dont want you to change your DAW:wink:)

Hmm maybe FL VST Manager is a bit more pickier than the Ableton One?

(I dont think it is related to you using WIndows 7).

Since im not sure if you have a legit version of Spire (but sounds like that) you can try the Guess its the VR Spire version?

8. TryHard

TryHard Kapellmeister

Everything is legit, Spire, FL Studio, Windows, lol.

I own all my plugins nowadays and don't use any naughty stuff. I checked on the sister site purely to see if there was a naughty version there yet, suffering similar problems (since if the legit installer was faulty, it's likely to also have carried into the other versions).

Like I say, I can't use that VR one because my studio PC is now 100% legit and I'm not going to change that now. It was interesting to me though how some people there were also saying that one was crashing ... although it's suspected that VR is responsible? ... But who knows?

So you 'don't think that Win7 is responsible?' ... I guess that means you have it working on Win10, right?

I'd love it if any other Win7 legit Spire users could also offer some feedback, if they managed to get it working.

Failing that, I'll just have to wait for Reveal Sound to email me back with their findings.

9. clone

clone Audiosexual

Have any of you guys had problems with the legit version resetting to blank/init presets when a different channel is selected in your DAW?

this was reported elsewhere with a current scene released version. It does not happen inside Logic 10.5.1/Mojave. I am just wondering if the legit version has the same problem, so then is not a result of any modifications. I doubt it is.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  10. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Win7 X64 SP1 , Reaper, no problem with last legit version.

11. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

No issues on Logic/Catalina (so far). However, I did contact support recently with some questions. Here's a part of the answer which might be interesting for some:

12. ArticStorm

NO, everything working fine here.

13. TryHard

TryHard Kapellmeister

So that's a confirmation that Spire 1.5.6 (the last/previous legit version) is working on your Win7 SP1(64-bit), not the newest 1.5.7, is that right? If so, yeah I also never had any issue with 1.5.6 previously either, just the newest update.

I'm probably going to try a complete uninstall and clean reinstall of Spire tomorrow when I've time, to see if that perhaps fixes the issue, as this was an install over the top of 1.5.6 (although that never seemed to cause problems before now) I'll see what happens.

Not personally, no. Before my recent issue with this update, my legit Spire (always retained the current presets) and worked correctly. So perhaps that is an issue with a scene version.

I'll try to get to the bottom of my issue tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks guys! :)

14. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

No.
    I'm legit user, using 1.5.7, with no problem.

You should try with another DAW to know if the problem comes from Spire or from FL Studio.

15. Giles

Giles Newbie

Yes I use windows 10, cubase and maschine and since the last Two updates Spire has stopped working, it crashes the laptop and DAW when it scans the user databse due to a huge CPU spike : ( I have contacted reveal sound and I am still waiting to hear back. : (