Any Good Production YouTube Channels That Aren't Annoying?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by rage, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

2. justwannadownload

justwannadownload Audiosexual

Huh. Never knew this joke of a professional is officially recognized by Image-Line.
    Then again, makes sense given their more serious DSP's quality.
    I once watched his tutorial on synthesis types or something and he described additive synthesis as "taking a square wave, and adding a triangle wave on top, making like a house-shaped wave". I shit you not, he said that with a straight face.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  3. justwannadownload

justwannadownload Audiosexual

Oh right, I should also offer an alternative.
    Consider Venus Theory. Broad range, to the point, almost never factually incorrect or misleading.
    I've also seen people here mention Sage Audio. Sure, listen to them if you don't wanna know what you're doing, because they don't either. Secret sauce, my ass.
    The only secret sauce in audio production is knowledge and some form of musical taste, i.e. you know what you want and you know how to get there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Lou Ulfark

Lou Ulfark Producer

5. FLRIZDARKK

FLRIZDARKK Producer

Sure but you did basically copy pasted their promo bs which included the famous rent-to-own plugins bs. And I did reply accordingly that there are only 2. Same for the samples part

6. FLRIZDARKK

FLRIZDARKK Producer

I disagree, his tutorials are very good especially his explanations of types of compressors, reverb etc. He seems like a genuine guy to me, sharing his knowledge. Not sure you got that house shaped wave joke so bad tho lol.

7. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

8. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

been watching Ian Kirkpatrick Twitch streams (there are repost on youtube) lately, the guy is weird, a little douche (not really) but you'll come around after a while listening to all the stories about his journey he's been through while showing all the tracks in the song. He mostly open all the projects (stages of them) of the production he's done for Dua Lipa and he also talk how it works in the biz (collaboration, labels, outsource) and I think there are a lot of thing to learn watching the guy. He is a little nervous and kinda socially awkward for some reason doing the stream, just be patience and watch until the end, there's a good QnA section.

if people don't know about it already, this song has 2.5billion plays in Youtube. 2.5 BILLION!

9. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

@rage Speaking purely objectively, the smartest choice to find a knowledgeable person is to seek out the person who mixed music where you thought the mix was spectacular and contact the engineer/producer. It is a good possibility they may not have a youtube channel though. If they have one, all the better for you.

This is because you want to find out how someone did what you like. Too large a percentage of youtube channels cater for the masses and avoid offending anyone by not following the standards in rules. The best musicians are ones who learned the rules and know how to break them. A great engineer is not too different and only cares like the musician, that it sounds good, regardless of rules. There are a lot out there who have credits to their name and indicate they are great, but self-praise is never a recommendation. You have to like the sound they put out. That is the proof.

What youtube engineers are mostly good for, is to glean the correct streaming loudness export specifications and to see new plugins demonstrated, not the mix.

10. PersonneAudioZ

PersonneAudioZ Kapellmeister

I immediately thought of these three Andivax :winker: , Doctor Mix , Audiofanzine :yes:

:no:

Look at this please :woot:

7 596 414 632 Plays , 46 M likes on yt , 24 M likes on Fcb :unsure:

11. 9zEA8wHJ7jWG

9zEA8wHJ7jWG Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2021
  12. kintozero

kintozero Kapellmeister

I really like Based Gutta, but he only made videos for 3 years & fell off. It's a real breath of fresh air: production videos from an obviously depressed guy using pretty lowend stuff. He made a video making a beat with the worst rated VSTs on VST4free:

I like Benn Jordan/Flashbulb but he does alot with modular synthesis & I'm a piano/funk guy so alot of the stuff doesn't help me much.

I used to regularly watch guys like Mr. Bill, Slynk, Brian Funk, Tom Cosm, but over time I found they don't do much for me because they are so entrenched in Ableton.

I like Nahre Sol piano practice suggestion videos.

Sometimes I get really good ideas/inspiration from Matt Johnson (of Jamiroquai). Jamiroquai is my favorite band so it's pretty sick to see vids on him jamming out & exploring sound design. But I mostly work with MIDI controllers & not analog gear, and I'm a preset guy so some of the stuff isn't all that useful to me.

I love Chuck Sutton but it seems like lately he mostly does videos for izotope stuff.
    JNTHN STEIN put out some pretty sweet piano/Ableton Push tutorials.

13. No Doz

No Doz Producer

14. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

what's your point ? there are hundreds of songs that hits billions on youtube. The one I shared is the video of the original songwriter/producer that show the breakdown of all the production stages/tracks for that particular song that hit 2.5bil plays. For Despacito there's only Mix With The Master series where he just talked about it without really sharing anything about that track, not on youtube, as per the thread's tittle/topic.

15. PersonneAudioZ

PersonneAudioZ Kapellmeister

Hi ! Sorry :sad:

Without any second thought, I just wanted to share a video that has more than 7 billion views, other than that nothing bad . :)
    I'm just an old person who likes to visit these places in order to overcome my boredom and loneliness . :dunno:

On the other hand, I went to visit the video you posted, and, to my great disappointment, it only has 15106 views, contrary to what you announced . :(

To everyone here, See you soon :mates:

16. spncart

spncart Producer

Yalcin Efe is nowhere near professional, it's precisely very annoying. Pretty generic. Worse and even more uninspiring than PML, if that was even possible.

The truth is most free stuff on YouTube is worthless. The real juice in advanced, non-mainstream, analoguish electronic music is either not public or you have to pay a lot for premiums tutorials or even better one-to-one mentoring with the artists themselves.

17. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

i can post you the least annoying ones, that's as far as i can do :bleh:

18. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

:disco:

This is the song, that has 2.5billion views/play:

This is the Youtube video of the original songwriter/producer (Ian Kirkpatrick) breaking down that song, showing people how he created it, the process, the stages of production pre-mix, how the demo sang by someone else sounds like before he pitched it to the Labels, plugins he used, production techniques, how he manipulates Dua Lipa vocals etc to create the hit song:

19. jordan77

jordan77 Ultrasonic

Just wanted to say we are in a golden age to learn anything. Of course there's a bunch of copy-paste channels but that's part of the process.

Thanks guys for sharing some great (and sometimes underrated) channels.

20. demberto

demberto Rock Star

I learnt something new from him. That's all that matters, I don't make techno, not my taste, but learning a trick or 2 from other genres is helpful.

Btw I would like to add that a lot of hardstyle producers: Toneshifterz, Hard Driver, Headhunterz, Atmozfears and many more have tutorials/series on their YT channels.

There's also this playlist by JBL (the audio company) which has masterclasses by Jauz, Audien, Morgan Page, Quix and more. Hope you don't find that generic :bleh: