Any gamers using PS4 and Remote Play? Need help!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Bunford, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Ok, I've never really delved into Remote Play but just picked up the new DualShock4 PC wireless adapter that Sony released, so thought I'd give Remote Play a go.

I have a high spec Windows 10 Pro PC with a Core i7 4960X CPU, 64GB RAM and a GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming graphics card. I also have fibre broadband that is 40MB download and 10MB upload. Both my PS4 and PC are connected via wired connections. The only other devices that connect to my home broadband is my iPad and smartphone via wireless connections and they are both usually off/on standby when I'm playing games so aren't using any bandwidth.

I have it all set up fine and seems to be working but the issue is disconnections. If I pause a game or leave in menu, everything is fine. However, as soon as I go in game I can play a max of 2 or 3 minutes if I'm lucky, usually 30-60 seconds before the screen gets pixelated, controller buttons lock and the inevitable disconnection occurs. For example, if I play something like Battlefield 4 or Call of Duty the screen will begin to get pixelated, the perhaps the fire button will lock and stick on firing, then about 5 seconds later it will disconnect.

I can't figure out why this is happening and would appreciate some support or advice on this. I am also looking to subscribe to PS Now but this issue has put me off as I'm not convinced it will be a smooth and enjoyable experience.