Any EWI player here?

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by Cristosex, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Cristosex

Cristosex Newbie

Hello all,
    I am very new to this world. I just got an EWI and I'd like to know if there are other players here so to get some hints about how to get the most out of it :)

Thank you all - Yubbacheers

3. quasimodulator

quasimodulator Newbie

Yup. Long time WX5 user. What's your instrument?

4. Cristosex

Cristosex Newbie

Ehi!
    I own an EWI USB. It is only three weeks now. I am enjoying it very much but so far I am only using the official Aria software.
    Would you mind to share your setup?
    Cheers, very glad to know you :)

5. quasimodulator

quasimodulator Newbie

I'd never heard of the Ewi USB. Interesting, though -- pretty good reviews.

My setup.. lol. It's become a mad lab. Controller midi to first Tascam 122, then midi to second Tascam 122, then midi to Tascam 600. Audio from the first/second Tascam 122s inputs to the Tascam 600. And now a separate digital audio input from an old sb live. There's 4 (cheap, old) computers involved.

To control midi data (so that midi cc from wheel/reed can modulate a variety of software effects): midiox.

Audio data produced by variety of VST instruments. Such as Kontakt. Unlike many, I no longer hunt realistic-sounding samples. Instead the sounds are designed to surprise. I.e., a cello that modulates to sounding like a voice -- in combination with other things.