Any Digital DJ Tips viewers here? Anyone else with same thoughts on recent content?

Discussion in 'general discussion' started by Bunford, Feb 13, 2024.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I've been a regular viewer of Digital DJ Tips' stuff for a while now, but recent times have got quite painful to watch at times. A lot of the information is just plain wrong (like the recent video on Rekordbox 7 beta version having new features like 2 deck prepare and a light theme....which have existed for a while in Rekordbox 6), as well as everything feeling like one huge spam with constant plugs and adverts for their products, be it the book, the courses, their Digital DJ Lab subscription, and so on, using their viewers' questions in their live Q&As as a way to shoehorn in all these plugs with every answer having an advert for at least one of their paid services.

I don't know how others feel, but definitely feels like a huge ramping up and whilst I appreciate everyone has the right to make an income, it does feel at times like capitalising on beginners or the uninitiated, presenting themselves as "the Bible", "the leading voice", or the "definitive" online source" for everything DJing, despite regularly getting a lot of basic things wrong.

Anyone else noticed this at all? :dunno:

I wonder what renowned artists that are affiliated with their platform like DJ Angelo, Laidback Luke, James Hype, Jazzy Jeff, and so on all make of this..... :dunno:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2024