Any decent 49 keys controller keyboard in the 100 - 150 € range?

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Hazen, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Hazen

Hazen Rock Star

My good old E-MU Xboard 49 has broken down after 15 years of flawless duty.

I was looking for a replacement, seeing what products are available on the market, especially in the sub 150 € range.

It seems there are a lot of issues with built quality, longlevity and below decent quality of the keybeds.

Is there really no usable controller keyboard in that price range?

49 keys, decent keybed with proper key response, semi-weighted, aftertouch, 8 faders and 8 rotaries for automation

3. Benno de Bruin

Benno de Bruin Kapellmeister

The M-Audio Oxygen Pro 49 and the Novation Impulse 49 are semi-weighted with aftertouch and a decent amount of pad, faders and knobs. Can both be found for around €220. I can not think of anything cheaper with the specs you demand.

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

aftertouch and pads are below 200€ really a problem and if something has aftertouch i has no pads or no aftertouch.

the XBoards very really decent back in the days, the keys are weighted a bit hard, but other than that, they were awsome. My Xboard 25 still works after cleaning it, means removed dust and other dirt from it and so far no sign of sending random midi data.

other idea, could be to pick up an old keyboard - something from technics KN series eg - and buy midi 2 usb cable and hock it up, those keybeds are wonderful.

The arturia keystep if it only had 49 keys, it would be wonderful, but whoever meant 37 are enough was kind of dumb. :dunno:

5. Ritzsp34

Ritzsp34 Noisemaker

Yeah the Novation Impulse 49 is your best bet if you can find an extra few dollars it has a fairly nice feeling semi-weighted keys.
    I had about 6 cheaper keyboards and the Novation Impulse 49 was the best for the price.