Any D-50 owners?

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by dashfiss, Jan 19, 2016.

1. dashfiss

dashfiss Kapellmeister

Hi,
    I'm doing a 16-bit version of this song (it's not mine), and I'm in desperate need of help from a D-50 owner.

A few seconds in, a bass from the D-50 starts, this is the "Nightmare" factory patch. I only plays 4 different notes through the entire song, so what I need is very simple - each of those 4 notes sampled individually, for about 10 seconds (to be sure), all with identical velocity, volume etc. 16-bit 44.1 would be great,

I don't know how easy or hard it will be to get hold of a D-50 owner here, only one way to find out :)

Any help is much appreciated, many thanks in advance!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  3. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

there was a sample library for kontakt of the D-50 if i am not wrong ?
    try to search the web for it...

...I have the A-90 EX that has a few D-50 Patches included, but sadly they are named differently than the originals

EDIT:
    now I listened the "song", and no, that sound is not included in the A-90 EX...

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  4. dashfiss

dashfiss Kapellmeister

Thank you for replying, Rhodes - I think I might have seen that library in my search, but I don't have Kontakt and hopefully I can avoid getting into that, we'll see :)

5. Shrek

Shrek Noisemaker

Hi dashfiss. I have a D-50 and i recorded the sounds you need (16bit 44.1 10sec). Here's the link http://we.tl/8wlTWKeVvQ

Good luck with your project.

6. dashfiss

dashfiss Kapellmeister

Oh! That was quick, and the files sound great! It was very kind of you to help, this is much appreciated, many, many, many thanks, my green friend :)

7. Shrek

Shrek Noisemaker

Very welcome my friend. Glad to help.

8. tommyzai

tommyzai Platinum Record

30 year ago I could have said YES! That synth was revolutionary at the time, but . . . also began a fluffy time for synths.