Any advice for a beginner?

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Delord, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Delord

Delord Member

I made this track using some 7Th chords , and used Izotope Neutron for some eq conflicts. Can i have some opinions on the style, the overall sound?
    Thx a lot

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  3. Slider

Slider Producer

Sorry man, I don't get it

4. Delord

Delord Member

Sorry I'm french, what do you mean?

5. almightyshux

almightyshux Ultrasonic

hi!
    (i only listened on my laptop speakers)
    The "on the dancefloor" sample, to me, is extremely corny (cheap). but this is purely my taste. i think you could let the beat ride without so many vocal samples coming in and out. You could also manipulate those vocals bits with some cool edits and EFX. Don't forget the difference between listening to your song at home and listening to it ON THE DANCEFLOOR haha. let it breathe more.

6. Delord

Delord Member

Thank you Man, I take your point; Good one ;-)

7. Satai

Satai Rock Star

You can laugh, but my advice is to never ask other musicians (esp. on forums) for advice on your early productions. Enjoy them like they're your babies. Ok, so they came out a little deformed here and there, maybe a couple of them are retarded... another few don't have the right number of arms or legs, but damn it, they're yours and you love them to bits.

Don't go looking for pats on the back from fellow musicians, we''re all extremely vicious and jealous people by nature of the work we do. Even if you're good, we're gonna find plenty to fault about what you decided to offer the world with your music.

Nice, so if we got that out of the way, then the only advice you ever needed is finish what you have here, backup your work, and START THE NEXT TRACK already.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. kjfarrell

kjfarrell Platinum Record

Sounds ok to me. There's a distinct lack of sub frequencies, usually I would say it's personal preference, but I assume this song is for "The dance floor" so you really need those frequencies.

There's no tension release, this is only something I myself am starting to experiment with but I've learnt it's what sets the pro's from the no's. So experiment with some leading chords, or some kind of riser. Just food for thought, it's pretty good though.

9. Delord

Delord Member

Ah Ah Ah Satai :rofl: you're ritgh cause it's just Human nature :guru:but the is less to depend on it than to hear possible problems. I notice and love your advice :"inish what you have here, backup your work, and START THE NEXT TRACK already", YES.

10. Delord

Delord Member

TRUE! I didn t focus enougth on the BASS and his sound(preset), ok for the "tension release", it's the basis. :wink: Thx Farrell

11. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

Yep, comes over bass shy, and that could easy be rectified with the bass (bottom end) coming in after a section, so you could still add this and improve what you have............having said that a snippet of the track wouldn't be outta place on a TV (perfume/hair product) advert..........I'm not trying to insult you its just what I'm hearing.

12. Delord

Delord Member

No probs Seedz. I can hear that too :winker: