Anti-Bomb (Original Mix) for the techno heads!

Discussion in 'Music' started by Steve Andrews, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Steve Andrews

Steve Andrews Member

3. ponty1604

ponty1604 Noisemaker

Nice 1....to mee the kick is a bit too loud and could have less attack..and a bit "longer" with more sub (the kick) is it a pitched 909? ....keep on going ! really like it!!!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  4. Steve Andrews

Steve Andrews Member

Ponty, most appreciated with the feedback my man!! The kick is from the kick 2 plugin and yes youre right it definitely could benefit from less attack. Many thanks for having a listen and bringing this to my attention...time to edit!

5. ponty1604

ponty1604 Noisemaker

Kick 2 was my second guess ...so it's easy to tweak ....have fun! if you have more music I'm interesting in listinig....

6. Steve Andrews

Steve Andrews Member

Yea I love that plugin...here is my SC and youtube. How about you though, you have any tunes I can listen to??

7. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

I really like the use of the effects and noises. I'd have added a bit more effects on the vocal sample. Yeah, I agree on the kick's attack: it's too much. Open hat too strong? I like the structure I mean it kept me listening and didn't bore me (considering I was listening to this with headphones and in my house and not in a club).
    This is something I always say on here so I'm starting to think it's my ears and preferences lol, but I would have lessened the high frequencies in general a little bit

Since you asked (not to me though :D), this is something "kinda techno" that I made. I suggest listening only to the first, or if you really want the second as well. It is nothing compared to your track, but still, I think it's not bad as a first attempt
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/new-ep-rituals-3-tracks-techno-ambient.26944/

8. LZ Jaydon

LZ Jaydon Producer

Hey man. I do like the track.

I miss a bit of punch/thickness on the snare. Maybe you could layer it.
    I enjoyed the first drop.
    The Toms I like. You could go a bit more crazy with that if you want!

I see that the upper high/midrange outway a bit to much when the riser is coming. Maybe you could choose something more subtle, but with more characteristics added to it. The Drop will kick way harder then, when you also thin out the range/volume of the track a bit.

You could also subtle the velocity change of the kick just a tiny bit.

I really like your Hats!

Thats it. With a few tweaks, I would play it in a club environment!

9. tooloud

tooloud Guest

Everybody is commenting on the technicalities and ignoring the song. I endured Anti-Bomb hoping some new element made an appearance. It was the same beat, the same bass line. No rise or fall. No melody..... not even a note. 8 minutes of repetitive dull. Try some chord stabs, try some arpeggios, try something, because there's nothing happening. If I heard this in a club I'd use that time to go to the bar or take a piss.

10. Noiz-R

Noiz-R Newbie

i'd never get into a house-club :) besides this,i always like to listen new music ...yeah maybe need something more especially if you want to call it techno, you may need to be more aggressive with your drums and speed up your tracks in something like 140 bpm,but i think is not your genre,in tech-house or (how it's called)pov it's consistent.i like that deep bass.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  11. ponty1604

ponty1604 Noisemaker

hey man ... why so needless harsh? Have they thrown you out of the club for pissing at the bar? Are you one of these kids no one want's to play with ... seems like you know nothing about " Techno" ...or club music in general ...have you ever made a track by yourself ? Would be interessting to listen....

12. Steve Andrews

Steve Andrews Member

Thanx for all the feedback ladies and gents, most appreciated and will take into consideration as most all of your input is valid and constructive!

13. Steve Andrews

Steve Andrews Member

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  14. Steve Andrews

Steve Andrews Member

I must say I think you're spot on with the mid high's for the risers/whitenoise should prob be simmered down a bit as it would def make the drop seem harder. I agree with the snare however I've been trying to lay off really stand out claps/snares as I've gone to heavy with them in the past. Thanks man, see ya round!

15. Steve Andrews

Steve Andrews Member

You're correct as I should have labeled this differently/correctly. This is Techno, Groove Techno, Rolliing Techno, etc. Among the likes of D-Unity, Boris, Victor Calderone, Joseph Capriati, Bart Skils...something it seems that you wouldn't be familiar with (I'm assuming) being that you're 58 years old (no offense). I'm a product of the NYC club scene as is the sound I like to make. Sorry if you're not familiar with the music of the pre-mentioned artists/genre. Not sure what kind of clubs you're attending but would love to hear some of your music/productions of a similar genre (or any kind for that matter). Cheers!

16. groove

groove Kapellmeister

Man just by speaking of this track we know you are not familiar with this music... techno is in the title .... so if you want lof of arp & chords listen trance music or dance music not techno.... and it's sure we don't go to the same club... lol

17. tooloud

tooloud Guest

Why so harsh? Because the world is an unforgiving place and nobody is going to give you a break out of the kindness of their hearts. And don't call me a kid, I'm 59 and I've been making techno music since 1989. I've posted songs here recently and I take all criticism as intended. I wouldn't ask for it if I couldn't take it. If you had the initiative before spitting venom at me you could easily have checked my profile and read my info before telling me I'm a kid no one wants to play with.

18. tooloud

tooloud Guest

Maybe this is not techno, maybe it's a load of shite, but I try to inject points of interest. If that goes against "the rules" of today's techno then I apologise.

19. howzit

howzit Member

Thread status: hijacked

20. saltwater

saltwater Guest

i listened thru the whole thing 2 times, once to listen, once to "feel" at high volume.
    this track works, i like it.

maybe in the very first part the kick is a bit too "attacky" but nothing dramatic.

good job :)

21. ponty1604

ponty1604 Noisemaker

Your whole info tells that you're the kid no one want's to play with....start thinking ....