Antares.Auto-Tune.v8.1.1.WIN.VST-AudioUTOPiA vst3 in Live 10.1?

Discussion in 'Live' started by Rudy Manterie, May 30, 2019.

1. Rudy Manterie

Rudy Manterie Platinum Record

Working for you? Crashes here...

edit: talkin' about win 10 64bit, live 64 10.1

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  3. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@Rudy Manterie long time no see bro! It is working here on my Windows 7 Lite.

4. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

Crashes in Ableton 10.1

5. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

If I am not mistaken both of you have Windows 10. As i said earlier. It is working fine in my Windows 7 Lite. So I think it is a problem with W 10

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  6. Kundalini

Kundalini Kapellmeister

I'm on win10 as well and McDSP SA Dialog AudioUtopia crashes Cubase 10..

7. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

It's a known fact that much of AU stuff stopped working with Win10. AFAIK there are three solutions - running host in Win8 compatibility mode, putting a SoundToys plugin to load before the "offending" plugin and jBridging 64bit to 64bit (Clariphonic comes to mind..). It puzzeled me mucho about this AudioUtopia vs Win10 discord..

Now there is one more problem - AutoTune is VST3 only and jBridge is out (up to 2.4 only). Inserting ST plugs... meh. The most elegant solution is ofc running your DAW in compatibility mode. Out of curiosity just checked Ableton 10.1 + Autotune, and of course it works.

I don't recall having a discussion about this Win8 compatibility mode vs normal operation.. What exactly are the (big) downsides. I'd be really happy if someone shed some light on this matter. :dunno:

8. Mr. X

Mr. X Kapellmeister

Real question here is - Where did AudioUtopia go? They came, they did a ton of releases in a very short time and they disappeared..?

9. starkid84

starkid84 Producer

The biggest issue I have discovered when running a host/DAW in windows 8 compatibility mode is that it totally breaks Omnisphere 2.5 and above (brings the gui to a crawl, and freezes for 30 or more seconds whenever a parameter is changed). So running AudioUtopia releases with Omni 2.x in the same session is a no go. Running said host/DAW without fixes the Omnisphere 2.x issue, but breaks a ton of other plugins. Tried bridging and other less elegant solutions, but have yet to find a solution to get both working without an issue.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. Rudy Manterie

Hi chief corsair! Yes, win10 is correct (edited original post). I have win7 installed (thanks again!) but have yet to install all my audio soft (i loathe that...who doesn't?).

11. Rudy Manterie

that's what legends do... : /

edit: thanks for your replies, guys. Now i know it isn't my system.

12. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

First, thanks for sharing your experience.. :wink: Loaded Omni + vocal track with Autotune on it in Studio One 351 and Ableton 101 ..also a Decapitator and some other stuff from AU. Everything working like expected (Win8 comp mode) ...and this is my 2011-12 "testing" machine of which I'm ashamed to give the specs. The only thing is that it needs a couple of secs to read the Omni patch as it is from a STEAM copy on a "classic" HDD ;) But no GUI problems and smooth knob twisting.. strange. :unsure:

Oh, and I was online all the time (can't live without you, guys, lol..). Have to do some more testing. Any recommendations for a good prg that shows system resource load and similar. Or is the Win Res monitor good enough..?

Update: now I went back and forth (compatibility on/off). There are "noticeable differences". Omni seems to loads slower and changing presets is umm - different. No yellow preview bar. it just jumps to green.. something doesn't feel quite right. Don't know if I'd even notice this if STEAM was on SSD. No problems with GUI responsiveness tho..

@Rudy Manterie, sorry man for going a bit out of topic. Charging that price is beyond any logic.. obviously, they can get away with it. Don't want to be nasty but maybe some "Utopian" Team should give them a lesson ;)) Good luck w/ setup! :yes:

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  13. Rudy Manterie

IMHO it is.

14. starkid84

starkid84 Producer

Yeah the Omnisphere Glitches are only on my windows 10 system while running Studio One 4.in windows 8 compatibility mode, while everything works smoothly on my windows 7 system. Still looking for a fix for windows 10 and Omniphere 2.x

15. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

Tested this thingy now Ableton 10.1, Studio One (Autotune+Omnisphere). You have 2 options:

1. Run in Win8 compatibility mode. On my system everything works except that Omnisphere loads slower on a track and there is a bit of lag when changing presets. My conclusion - I would avoid running it this way, because it does exhibit some diverse behavior.
    2. On Ableton put any Soundtoys plugin on the first audio track (e.g. EffectRack). You can then load Autotune anywhere. This way everything works as expected. This would also be my recommended setting. (You can make your first channel super small and save as default..)

Important: on Studio One you should put the Soundtoys plugin on the "Main" (master output) track because of the plugin loading order. Ableton first loads plugins from first audio channel, Studio one from main out.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  16. suefreeman

suefreeman Producer

Did you turn off your antivirus ?
    Last update of win10 broke my Sylenth1 ... but in fact it is my antivirus AVIRA that is at fault ...
    After a crash:
    Turn Antivirus Off,then On, and OFF again.
    Then start Live 10 and load your vst3 plugin
    It works for me with Sylenth1.Might worth the try .

Edit : of course, you could also just turn AV off before you start live10

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  17. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

@suefreeman, mainly every vst3 other than some AudioUtopia stuff work as supposed. We were talking about a specific one (in the title). This problem is a known fact. And I bet (without testing tho) that AU Softube plugins don't work either without the trick..

18. I have the AU SOftube plugs running on Win10 with both Reaper and S04.5 with no issues. I had to run the installer in Win 8 compatability, but once installed, I have no probs. Using the TSR reverb too much.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List