Another track, help me naming my style...

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by thiagorisso, Nov 28, 2011.

1. thiagorisso

thiagorisso Newbie

Well, lately have been finishing some ideas that were just laying in my hd. One thing i´m noticing is that i just can´t define my style, i just play whatever comes to my mind instead of aiming in a certain model. Well, here´s a link to the last song i finished My link if any of you guys could give me a tip about what style i am getting into i´d appreciate.

3. McXProds

McXProds Newbie

Its a cool sounding track, first thing that comes to mind when describing this one is dark. It has a that sort of dark sound that i like. So if i were to describe it, it would be dark progressive tech

One thing i didnt like though is that conga sound thing that is panned to the left, i think it sounds sorta wierd just by itself on the left side, the right side feels lonely :thumbsup:

4. G String

G String Rock Star

sounds good. sounds pretty chilled-out to me. Chill-out lectro? lol I dunno.

5. logger

logger Newbie

yep, a kind of fresh dark chill out mid tempo... :phones:
    A bit repetitive to me but clear nice sounds
    Btw, i saw you're living in a nice area, how is the life down there ?

6. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Cool track!

Loads of fresh ideas and a lot of sweet, well separated sounds.

As to Genre, hmmmmmm, I think You nailed it Yourself Bro. This is YOUR MUSIC! If You wanna pin it with a name, just check out a few of the tracks You LOVE, decided what it is about the style You like, what style it is, and then weave in those motifs into Your work. You might also try asking someone making the same music You are into to have a pop at doing a remix for You. That way You can hear what changes would fit You into that style. GOOD LUCK with it.

GRRRRREAT stuff tho. Lots of potential. :dancing:

7. Mental Exchange Department

Mental Exchange Department Newbie

Remind me of the day with terry fingers, rainbow warrior glastonbury 90 gave us freshly just made trips.Tim got us connected to the Universe then terry fingers got full on and a few folks freaked. So I would call it doomed with a shroom muzik. and trust me they are much better effect. I rekon you could bonk yer bird to it with an E down yer neck. :wink:
    Joys of life are free

8. thiagorisso

thiagorisso Newbie

Always nice to have some feedback...

@McXProds: Damn you discovered my "well hidden" bad mixed conga haha yeah i recorded the drums in one-shot so i didn´t wanna come back just cuz of the conga, lazyness. And even trying not to sound dark that seems to be my destiny :bow:

@G String: Yeah it can do... dark progressive chill-out eletro-tech house hahaha :wink:

@logger: you got it, it´s my first attempt to low the bpm and i tend to get hypnotized by the loops i make, that´s maybe why my song gets repetitive sometimes :grooves: Have you checked google maps? I live in an island south brazil, it´s really good down here, summer beggining, girls starting to wear bikinis, yeah it´s really nice :wink:

@pilz971: Good advice. I just worry about the genre because in this market people are always trying to label your music so having it clearly defined it´s a good thing. But i´m sure my next song will be completely different in terms of genre, i´m sure right now what i´m doing is building my style, so i´ll just keep on jumping from one to another till i see what it fits best for me.

@Rahjah: That was funny haha :wink: i think you got the spirit of the thing. Thnxx

9. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

LOL - i'd call this new style: Mafia House! :blues:
    Nun farti pizzica' cumpa'!

10. DjPeterMunch

DjPeterMunch Newbie

Would be categories at Progressive house at most online retailers. (beatport etc)

11. thiagorisso

thiagorisso Newbie

@Kookaboo: haha, your insight was quite inspiring to me. Thanks :wink:

@The Munk Machine: thanks man, that´s what i was looking for, a more general style where i could fit my tracks. :thumbsup: