Another Newb question

Discussion in 'Live' started by ROYAL ARMY, Nov 12, 2016.

1. ROYAL ARMY

ROYAL ARMY Newbie

I tried a live 8 demo moves so much better than 9 in regards to using the browser search for files. Can I just use live 8 with the push?

3. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

it will work to a point. just like a basic midi controller- none of push's special features will be available in live 8. so not recommended
    your experience with live 9's browser being slower than 8's is a bit strange. i never had that, in fact i had lots to grumble about back in the 8 days but i love version 9!
    i hope you find a solution that fits your needs :thumbsup:

4. RedThresh

RedThresh Producer

You should definitely upgrade to Live 9, even if the browser issue is true, its worth! If you have one try installing it to an SSD and see if it changes anything

5. ROYAL ARMY

ROYAL ARMY Newbie

I have an add, a 1tb ssd drive with some sounds on it but most of my sounds on externals. I recently changed my sound drive hooked into my hub that is the dominant usb port. And is currently scanning my library as I just trashed the live.db.

6. ROYAL ARMY

ROYAL ARMY Newbie

I have 9 but 8 finds my sounds like when I had studio one 3 installed.

7. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Use the most latest version, and always update to latest version. It has more features and improvements, and less bugs. Better compatibility, stability, performance and overall workflow updates etc. Rarely - quality of audio. Older here means worse, not vintage or classic. But not in case of Adobe audition or izotope ozone, rx:) and I can give some examples of that regressions