another Disappearing Library post

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by downtempoloader, Mar 24, 2020.

1. downtempoloader

downtempoloader Newbie

Hi all,
    FIRST: my apologies for yet another post about this. I have tried the advice here and here , and here ...and still not working.

I have had luck with 20 or so libs in the past. Currently adding "Session Guitarist - Electric Sunburst Delux". ("ESD" from now on)
    As per my norm, I added the library in Kontakt 5.6.0. It appeared in the Libraries tab. Usually after this step, I can open K 6.0.4 and the new library will show up (sometimes needing a tap on Refresh button), but today...not so much...or really, not at all. Relaunched K5, and the library was gone.

I found the .xml for ESD; it had SNPID 000 so I changed it to match the SNPID in the .nicnt. No luck.

I verified that the Service Center folder allows Read & Write privileges for Admin, current User, and All Users.

I made sure that the SNPID was not a duplicate of another library I had previously added (I keep a spreadsheet up to date with these).

I changed the SNPID for both the .xml and the .nicnt files, just in case. No luck.

I deleted the .plist files for K5, K6, ESD, Service Center. I restarted the computer. Relaunched Service Center (disallowing internet access of course). Relaunched K5. No luck. K6...no luck.

I have re-tried these steps in different combinations and sequences with computer restarts. No luck.

I have not done a Permissions reset or jumped into Terminal, but will try if you think it will help.
    I have not tried Kontakted app, but will try if you recommend. Has anyone had luck with this app in this situation?
    I also think it's interesting that in Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Service Center , there are a LOT of .xml files, but not ALL the .xml files (i.e., some libraries that are successfully working in K, do not have an xml). Huh.

Any advice appreciated!
    (o:

Macbook Pro 2018
    OS 10.14.5

3. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

I'll give you the same advice that someone gave me for a similar problem (in my case, NI's Akoustik Piano): you either have the wrong .nicnt file for "ESD", or you have one where there shouldn't be one. The NI libraries are notoriously finicky and won't load properly if the .nicnt is wrong or if there isn't supposed to be one in the folder. Try removing the library from the Library tab in Kontakt 5. Now, remove the .nicnt file from the ESD folder and set it aside. Now, in Kontakt 5, try adding the library again. If you can successfully add the library in Kontakt 5, try opening Kontakt 6 and see if it appears there.

If that didn't do the trick, your only other alternative is to seek out a different download of ESD online, which may contain the proper .nicnt file, or to find someone who has ESD successfully added to their Kontakt 6 Library tab and see if they can't send you a copy of their .nicnt file.

4. downtempoloader

downtempoloader Newbie

Thanks Iggy, I'm going to try that right now!

5. Talula

Talula Rock Star

for this library SNPID is K14 (<SNPID>K14</SNPID>)
    you can't see it and "readd" because you didn't delete all files after previous "bad" installations.

6. downtempoloader

downtempoloader Newbie

I removed the .nicnt, removed the library from K5, and K5 would not add the lib back. I moved the .nicnt back into the ESD folder and added ESD back into K5, but again it is gone when I close and reopen K5 or open K6.
    I will search out another version of Electric Sunburst Delux. Thank you very much for the suggestions!

7. downtempoloader

downtempoloader Newbie

Ohh, I'll try this now -thanks!

8. downtempoloader

downtempoloader Newbie

heheh, so I trashed the .xml from prior add; I changed the SNPID in the .nicnt; I added it back to K5, and it let me plug in my admin password as usual, but now ESD is not appearing in K5 at all (previously it would appear and then not re-appear when relaunching K5). INTERESTING! (frustrating, but INTERESTING heheh). Anything else that I should have trashed from initial install?
    Thanks again for your suggestions @Talula and @Iggy

9. Talula

Talula Rock Star

most important file you must delete - /Library/Preferences/com.native-instruments.LIBRARY_NAME.plist

ESD reqired kontakt 6.2.2 and higher

10. downtempoloader

downtempoloader Newbie

Ah, I wondered about that -I'm downloading 6.2.2 as we speak, and will try removing the .plist file for ESD.

11. baldman

baldman Ultrasonic

That library is working fine for me on my Mac. Make sure you have Kontakt 6.2.2. That’s the required version for that particular library.

12. downtempoloader

downtempoloader Newbie

That gives me hope, @baldman ! Thanks! Question: did you happen to notice whether the .xml file that ESD created had the correct SNPID? When I add it, the .xml has SNPID="000"; when the library doesn't show up, I changed it to K14 as suggested above, but still no luck.

13. baldman

baldman Ultrasonic

Glad to help. "K14" is the correct SNPID. It should be in the Electric Sunburst Deluxe.nicnt file, the Session Guitarist - Electric Sunburst Deluxe.xml the NativeAccess.xml files. Those last 2 files are in Macintosh HD>Library>Application Support>Service Center folder. Specifically the NativeAccess.xml data looks like this:

</Product>
    <Product version="1">
    <UPID>c927f034-4844-4225-abf3-32b3f8418f9b</UPID>
    <Name>Session Guitarist - Electric Sunburst Deluxe</Name>
    <Type>Content</Type>
    <RegKey>Session Guitarist - Electric Sunburst Deluxe</RegKey>
    <SNPID>K14</SNPID>
    <AuthSystem>RAS3</AuthSystem>
    <Relevance>
    <Application nativeContent="false">Maschine</Application>
    <Application nativeContent="false">KKontrol</Application>
    <Application minVersion="6.2.2" nativeContent="true">Kontakt</Application>
    </Relevance>
    <PoweredBy>Kontakt</PoweredBy>
    <Visibility>0x07</Visibility>
    <ProductSpecific>
    <HU>3F684A9E5494C0A2C24D5E7587501BEC</HU>
    <JDX>AA281F9E40111CBD34A26A66AA463BFF4BAB764D9A1CC57E577FBBD8FF65E528</JDX>
    <Visibility type="Number">3</Visibility>
    </ProductSpecific>
    <Company>Native Instruments GmbH</Company>
    <NKSEnabled>true</NKSEnabled>
    <Icon>kontakt</Icon>

NativeAccess.xml is a big file, but can be opened/edited with textedit. Hope that works.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  14. downtempoloader

downtempoloader Newbie

Hmmmm...so my NativeAccess.xml file is totally lacking an entry for ESD -even after the previous steps and adding the library in K5.
    I manually pasted in the data you so kindly provided, but it doesn't seem to change functionality.

In other news, the K6.2.2 installer I obtained doesn't recognize my earlier version installation and won't run, so I'll keep working on that tomorrow. Anyhoo, thanks again to all posters! I REALLY appreciate your help.

15. Talula

Talula Rock Star

this file is updated every time after starting Native Access (if internet turn on). edit this file does not make sense.

do you have previous v6 installation? you need kontakt 6 full installer, then you can install update to 6.2.2.
    you can use both versions - 5.x and 6.x - on one mac.

16. downtempoloader

downtempoloader Newbie

Ah! I'm assuming that not many people on this forum allow Native Access to access the internet; how are you all getting that xml to update?
    I have Kontakt 6.0.4 installed, so I was surprised that the 6.2.2 update installer didn't work.

17. downtempoloader

downtempoloader Newbie

*** SOLUTION ***
    For anyone struggling with this in the future, here's what finally worked:

I had been using a cracked version of Kontakt by itself, rather than part of Komplete.
    So I took a step of faith, and deleted it along with ALL native instrument apps and files including stuff in the Library and User Library:

I then downloaded Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors Edition from audioz: *** I dont post links to warez here ****

I followed the steps in the comments from Kharezmi, and voila, it works! Once you have this working copy of Native Access (part of K12UCE), you just choose any plugins/libraries you'd like from the list, hit the orange "Repair" button on the right, and choose "Reinstall". Also, you do still have to load k'd libraries into Kontakt 5.6 before they will show up in Kontakt 6._, but otherwise everything works as if it were legit.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have problems -I'm no expert but am happy to TRY to help.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2020
  18. Epictetos

Epictetos Newbie

I am having a real hard time with this at the moment. I have a couple of libraries i want to use with a k'd version os Kontakt 5 but i'm lost in a web. Can someone help?

Here's my plight

- I have a native access account and it shows Kontakt 6 as working in full
    - Only Kontakt 5 shows in Logic Pro X - 10.3.2. Kontakt 6 does not show in logic despite showing as fully working in Native Access
    - Both the audio libraries show in Native Access as demo mode

I feel like dumping the whole thing and starting again.

Help?

19. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

@jazzzz You've gone and reposted the warez link, you plonker! :deep_facepalm:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

So your Kontakt is not cracked! And maybe your v6 is legit too, I don't know.
    Why do you only want to use the libs in 5, when you have 6?
    Plus, you only need the standalone of 5.6.0 to add libraries to show up in 6 plugin and standalone, since the Add Library button went.
    So maybe delete the plugin versions of 5. Perhaps that 's why 6 isn't showing in Logic.

21. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

Oooh sheeeeeeet! My bad. Thanks for helping my physicians to detect my early dementia. And I wasn't even drunk, or I don't remember.