Another challenge

Discussion in 'Film / Video Game Scoring' started by dragonhill, Sep 8, 2017.

1. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

Anyone interested in orchestrating this? My 4G laptop doesn't like orchestral libraries.

My daughter in a parking garage recorded on her phone.

• Like Like x 7
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. angie

angie Producer

It is beautiful the way it is in my opinion!

4. Producer

Producer Platinum Record

3rd house on the left.The one with the lemon trees
    Couldn't agree more @angie .Although I'd like to know what kind o phone is this.I mean I will literally put this under spectrum to see how it responds.Very nice recording for a phone, and a great voice of your daughter .

5. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

It is just.. beautiful. I'd be afraid to touch it. @dragonhill, can you please give me (us) some more information about the music provenance, origin, history background.. anything of cultural importance. I have somebody very close to me, a prof. at the academy that teaches orchestration (among other subjects like harmony, musical form,..) so I can discuss things very privately. I think this deserves at least an insight like that.

6. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

Thank you for the kind words everyone.

As far as I know this is something that was rattling in her head last year. I'm sure it is similar to something she might've heard along the way.

She usually writes more in the R & B/rock realm but surprised all of us with this 'classical thingy' as she calls it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

What is the story (lyrics) of the song? What is it saying?? I will mess around with it... I will do a an orchestral/hybrid/cinematic score behind it... maybe in the Hans Zimmer style.

Could I get a copy of the original audio file in WAV format? (If not possible I can convert any audio file to WAV)...
    or I could just rip it from SC but I'd rather have a WAV instead of a compressed MP3...

BTW: I used to have 2 of those 1x12" Thiele-designed Mesa Boogie cabinets... loved them!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  8. LuckySevens

My iPhone 6s can record insanely great audio... I've used it quite a bit for field recordings in soundtracks...

9. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

10. djdarkness

djdarkness Kapellmeister

Hey dragonhill, Just for informational interest, the song she's singing comes from an outstanding Japenese anime called Elfen Lied:). Here's the original.

Beautiful peace of music.

11. black bounty

black bounty Platinum Record

glad to see she has such a various range of influences :)

I didn't forget that I proposed to collab, I will for sure make some place in my schedule next year to cook something taylor-made :)

I can't do anything for now and I'm still working on what I will give for the Christmas Album, but definitely your daughter is a great artist.

take care :)

:bow:

12. LuckySevens

As promised:

https://clyp.it/4avcurwz

I didn't have time to do a full, orchestrated arrangement for this because of the Thanksgiving holiday (yesterday, here in the United States)... but I did this today...

Sorry, I thought I could do more but I realized I've got so much work stacked up that if I dig into this thing... I'll be knee-deep in it for days on end!! The audio had to be cut in places because she wasn't in sync with tempo. She was damn close though!! Great pitch too (although there are a few rough spots)!!
    There was so much natural reverb decay in her audio file that it was hard to cut and edit to line up the vocal with the tempo track without spending a lot of time!!! It was fun though!! I hope you enjoy this interpretation. Gotta go...

13. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

Sounds really good esp. the beginning parts. @LuckySevens Thanks. Sorry if I insinuated that it might be original. That's what I get for assuming.
    You're right the natural verb is a bit much....