Annoying interaction between Live and Waves

Discussion in 'Live' started by Cav Emp, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

As briefly as i can describe this... whenever i run a waves update it creates a new waveshell with only the plugins it updated. I have like three or four separate waveshells the bottom of my plugin folder in Live and i "need" all of them because otherwise im missing some plugins.

Is there some way to consolidate this?

Btw i dont mean v9 and v10. I have maybe a dozen v10 plugs, but i just ran an update and now i have yet another v10 waveshell with just omnichannel in it. Wtf

3. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

cant help... these guys and their fckn waveshell...wtf...indeed

4. Herr Tony

Herr Tony Producer

Easy solution, uninstall Waves, your music will thank you.

5. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Meh. Sounds like you're conflating the Waves brand with Waves plugins. I don't especially like waves as a brand/company either but they make some good plugins, and cheap when you buy them at their actual market value of $29.

The waveshell is so fucking stupid though. I wrote to support and the guy told me this is normal behavior and they can't be consolidated. I thought it was just updated waveshells which I might be able to find a way to work around, but I'm starting to think they just can't fit all their plugs into 1 or 2 waveshells, so now if you have only three Waves plugins, and they're each a plugin from Waveshell A B and C you have 3 waveshells for 3 plugins.

Guess it's time to revisit good old Shell2VST

6. techdevil

techdevil Rock Star

Im not sure what they are doing under the hood but the waveshell.dll has been multiplying alamingly recently, you dont notice so much in Cbase but I guess Lives way of showing plugin dont suit it. Its been noted on a few forums, hopefully Waves will get over whatever framework chnages they have been making at somepoint.

7. Herr Tony

Herr Tony Producer

Joking aside, I was going to ask you if you talked to customer support, they gotta solve the mess. As for 1 or 2 waveshells for all plugins, a bird having all waves installed send me this pic so you can tell them it is possible and you want them to sort it out for you.
    My guess is that you will need to uninstall everything , then reinstall all your licenses in one take.

upload_2019-2-20_23-12-50.png

8. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Might be an older version? As far as I know, they started doing this dumb shit fairly recently.

You know, I keep legacy installers for literally everything I can, but waves makes it such a pain in the ass to install without Waves Central that I just use their stupid program. I guess this is my life now...

9. Herr Tony

Herr Tony Producer

Yes I was thinking the same, probably this version of Waves10 is a little older than what you have now, since you have everything up to date.
    It is so sad that you, a legit customer, is having to work through this, while people using the cracked ones, can enjoy a clean install.
    Perhaps switch to the cracked package while keeping your licenses.