Annoying "feature" in Studio One

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by Lonely_Avatar, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Lonely_Avatar

Lonely_Avatar Ultrasonic

I'm using Studio One 4.6 and since 4.5 I've been getting this weird "feature":

[​IMG]

If I select a channel - in this case "TOM", the level meter stops showing the level.
    Same thing happens in the playlist.
    This metering "feature" only happens to audio tracks, synths are ok.

Already updated S1 once, but no sauce.

Anyone got an idea on how to fix this?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  3. zeeshopper

zeeshopper Newbie

I see you have the Record button ON on the TOM channel. Disable the record button on the channel and the meter will work.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

Best Answer
    Record and monitoring are armed thats why. Click the wrench icon and disable audio input follows selection.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Mud Jones

Mud Jones Platinum Record

Maybe you should learn how to use it.

6. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

Both zeeshopper, and MYCbeats are both spot-on (from my testing of the scenario in S1 v4.6.0.) :wink:
    Mud Jones' advice is good, but his tone makes it seem that his advice was less-than constructive. :no:

7. Mud Jones

It was. You should know that I am a petty man, and every time I see someone post a thread about something being a BUG (in all caps of course) and then it turns out to be total newbie error, I just want to lash out at the world and destroy something beautiful.

8. Lonely_Avatar

Lonely_Avatar Ultrasonic

Yeap. Disabling "Audio Imput follows selection" fixes the issue. Thank you, guys! :shalom:

@Mud Jones how dare you, sir? :no:

9. Because you don't tag the best answer and you don't change title of the thread from 'BUG' It's not personal, there's only so many of these 'why does it hurt when I stick a pencil in my eye?' questions that a dude can take in a year.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Lonely_Avatar

Lonely_Avatar Ultrasonic

We live and learn, @Fudsey Plange . No need to be toxic about it.
    Just like you are about to learn you cannot change the topic title here. But if you noticed, I did change to "feature" inside the post.

11. Willum

Willum Rock Star

Sigh. You're really not doing very well here.

Look to the right just above your original post, there you find "thread tools", hover over that and there is the option to edit the thread title.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Lonely_Avatar

Lonely_Avatar Ultrasonic

I'd just rather learn than show how brilliant I am. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  13. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

That's awesomely enlightening for you and all but honestly, what's the point of that? We are here for each other.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  14. Lonely_Avatar

Lonely_Avatar Ultrasonic

I totally agree. That's actually my point. I would never respond to someone asking for help in the lines of "read the ******* manual", "your question is stupid" etc. like it happened above.

15. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

@Lonely_Avatar As long as you got it sorted, brother, That's what this is all about.

16. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

Theres an actual major bug in 4.6+ which I finally tracked down was able to demonstrate consistently for the devs.

"Updating Master" for the project page is broken. The project page does not update after the render. The master wav file is correct, the waveform displays correctly but sections of audio playback are still the old master - you hear clicks where it jumps back and fourth between the old and new master. The workaround is to close and reopen the project file to get it to update.

One of the cons of being a beta tester is you want to work on a song, run across an issue, and instead end up spending hours conducting tests and filling out report.

4.6.2 should hopefully be out in a couple weeks.

17. Mud Jones

hey my comment up their received 4 Nasty votes, and since the thread title and post were edited now it looks like I was even less constructive than I usually am, and that's saying something.

18. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

Trust me, I feel ya on this as my tolerance for dopes is savagely low, but there's been many a time that, despite being a long time musician and I seek out every bit of information I can about DAWs and production, I still find myself running across dumb stuff that throws me: for instance, the Zero-Crossing snap-to which I accidentally left checked when I saved a new version of one of my templates, and was confused as to why S1 was being so jumpy when I shortened/lengthened audio. :rofl: Granted, I didn't scream "BUG!!" when it happened, but we've all been there, missing something simple, and the last thing I want is someone being a turd in my cereal when I'm already frustrated. If I wanted that, I'd still be on Gear Sluts. :rofl:
    Anyway, no beef, I've just been on the receiving end of unhelpful advice too many times. :yes: