Annoying Behavior in Studio One 4

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by mrpsanter, Jun 23, 2018.

1. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Hi guys,

When using the previous version (3.5), I was used to double click on one of the patterns and then this would be opened in the Editor in the lower half of the screen. The events would be automatically "maximized", meaning taking the whole width of the Editor's space.

Now in v4, when I double click on a pattern (1), the events in the Editor are no longer taking the whole width of my screen (2) which is really annoying because I need to zoom in manually every time.

Any idea how to fix this?

upload_2018-6-23_21-30-51.png

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Parasite-B

Parasite-B Platinum Record

I'm having the same problem. Highly frustrating. Hope someone knows how to fix this.

4. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

I haven't switched yet, I'm still on 3.5, so I haven't noticed, but, does this happen with legit copies, cracked copies or both? Also, it might be a fuck-up in 4 that is PreSonus' fault....or maybe they intentionally switched it up? (I hope not; I like the automatic maximizing of the audio.)
    Has anyone hit up PreSonus about this? They're pretty good at getting back to people. I'd pester them, but I don't have an account. :dunno:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. bigwords

bigwords Ultrasonic

I get some strange behavior when using my keybind for Go-To-Start of Session. I'll hit it, and then it'll go back to the spot I left off, instead of going to the beginning. I'll have to hit the key several times before it actually goes to start. In fact, sometimes it'll go to the beginning, and then flick back to the spot I left off when I press play.

6. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Best Answer
    Hopefully this feature wasn't intentionally switched off by Presonus as this would be a real PITA. Time will tell.

EDIT:
    Well, what do you know... Facebook might be my best friend after all.
    Presonus just changed the shortcut and now you need to press ALT before double clicking on the pattern in order to maximize the width of the Editor.

Problem solved I guess.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Ozmosis

Ozmosis Producer

So glad i saw this thread... thanks guys =)

8. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

nice one!