Announcing FL Studio 20.0

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by mono, May 22, 2018.

1. massichat

massichat Kapellmeister

The only version that worked perfectly for me is 20.0.1 (build 451), even connected to the internet (I added flengine.dll and * .exe to firewal as a precaution)
    All other versions that I tried come back to the demo mode after closing / opening
    I recommend the build 451 if you do not want any surprises

2. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

Noone tried the newer p2p releases? 455 and 465 are out there and working as well.:winker:

Edit: even 20.0.2.465

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  3. DieM

DieM Rock Star

I started off my music recording experiences with Fruity Loops 4. It was my first DAW and I loved the fact that I could record my music in a digital fashion. I have messed around with various versions of FL Studio since and always thought that the piano roll was the best thing about it.
    I have since discovered a couple of DAW's that have simplified my recording experiences. The first one being Studio One2 where I could record in a linear fashion and just drag and drop instruments and midi tracks and it simplified the whole experience for me.
    Being of a simple mind this suited me up until the release of Bitwig Studio. Well this software appealed to my need for simplicity even more and is now my main DAW.
    I still hold a soft spot for FL Studio and reckon that this recent 20 version is a tempting mistress. I like to mess around with FL and feel that I can produce many musical Ideas whilst using it. As a fully fledged DAW however, I find it pretty laboursome and believe that the people that actually use it as their main DAW must have a more complex mindset and a better attention span than the likes of myself! :unsure:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

@DieM, your story reminds me of my first experiences with asian girls. But at one point I had to let go, and I stopped spamming the asian-lover forums with stuff about swedish girls completely. :bleh: Hope you can overcome the urge that IL creates as they dye their hair blonde and upgrade their butts and boobs to the standard.
    [​IMG]

5. foster911

foster911 Guest

Culture and girls are totally interconnected. The Japanese never stop the creativity. Make Hentai with all of your mentioned characteristics to save their culture.:bleh:

But the Swedish can't make Hentai, so sad, not creative, oh wait! Maybe they don't need it at all. They're naturally Hentai? :unsure:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  6. foster911

foster911 Guest

FL Studio 20.0.2 Bugfix Update 6 - 7th June 2018

This is a bugfix update. Download and install over the existing FL Studio 20 installation.

Windows: FL Studio 20.0.2 [build 477] 662 MB (694,915,072 bytes) 7th June 2018

macOS: FL Studio 20.0.2 [build 25] Requires macOS 10.11 or higher 657 MB (689,559,030 bytes) 7th June 2018

What's New?

• Wrapper - Shows combined latency value in wrapper settings, individual plugin and manual values in hint bar
    • FL Studio now shows message to ask user to save project before closing FL Studio, after unlocking
    Bugfixes

(Windows/macOS)

• Audio clip in Picker Panel not renamed when its name is changed in the Channel Settings window
    • Fixed "hold and stop" perf mode clips don't work on Maschine Jam
    • Fixed Access Violation when Cloning Patterns in a Group
    • Fixed PDC out of sync with Patcher when moving tracks
    (macOS)

• Fixed freezes and crashes when loading projects with AU plugins and non-default (130 BPM) time signatures.
    • Fixed rendering window position from always appearing over Browser on some systems

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Yeah I must admit Maizelman, Asian girls do it for me also! IL is a swedish blonde in disguise and tempts me (If you know what I mean) but I just find her way too hard to work out and she leaves me confused and despondent!!! Man these complicated Birds. As men of the world we have to get together and stick with the Bitwigs of the world as they are easily pleased, easy to handle and look pretty into the bargain!
    No messing around with these birds I tell you!! Straight forward down the line fucking (recording) until your hearts content. S1's can be decieving in their percieved simplicity but don't be fooled mate as they are cunning and sometimes harder to work out! You have to coerce and manipulate them for a while before they reveal their fruits but it's worth the effort!! Don't get me started on Ableton! She comes with her own story. Nuff sed.

8. massichat

massichat Kapellmeister

I do not know if it's a P2P release or not but the 465 version don't work

9. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

If you had the P2P version -> you would know that it works. :wink:

10. djr94

djr94 Newbie

But how many updates do they release?? :O

11. foster911

foster911 Guest

They jumped from v12 directly onto v20. Sort of Precocious Puberty (can have adverse effects on social behavior and psychological development, can reduce adult height potential, and may shift some lifelong health risks). A common disease between humans and technology. Unfortunately!!!:excl:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Did they not jump to 20 because that was the 20th anniversary of FL?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • List
  13. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

More good news on the skin side. Now you can change the Toolbar colors in the RCDATA and make it look from grey to aBitDarkerā„¢ like:[​IMG]
    ..without any patching. :disco:
    Here is a list with the colors I changed for my skin:
    https://www73.zippyshare.com/v/chp6xOoB/file.html

There are still some colors which can't be changed in Ressource Tuner and it would be nice if that were possible - even more noobs could make noob skins. :wink:

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  14. Nick12

Nick12 Platinum Record

Haha yeah, exactly. You would think that all those betas have already 'ensured' for the most part that all those bugs have not been there with the release of FL 20. I will still stick with my current version. No reason for me to change to a version that's not even stable enough actually or when updates are still coming around.

15. massichat

massichat Kapellmeister

No I do not have it and I do not think it's available here, if you have a link to the last patch that works, send me privately, I will try it :like:

16. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

^^^ it has been released ( what a surprise ) on the same day as Studio One 4, so it was not about bugfixing but concurrency

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

Yeah. I actually sample a lot since I make Hip Hop/Soul cuts, but only about a tenth of the samples are lifted from vinyl; the rest of the stabs, beds and sometimes full instrumentals are my own creations, often times emulating that old 60's and 70's vybe. That being said, I never was really on board with FL Studio's overall flow for working with samples and then tossing them over over for a lite mix session to see how they would sit with any accompanying instruments. Basically, the mixer has always frustrated me; I'm fluent in it, and it's still sub-par.
    FL20 does have some nice new features, like the fact that you can have multiple arrangements in the playlist, and I'm glad that they finally got around to making the native MAC x64 (I don't use MAC, but let's be honest, that was a LONG time coming,) but after watching one of the promo reviews for it, I noticed that they kept quoting Image-Line peoples hype, talking about how they've added a "hot" new synth and all these "modern" features that "are beyond what anyone else is doing," and it reminded me of a shady car dealer I saw once in the down-and-out end of Hollywood (anyone who has been there knows what I'm talking about,) who was trying to move a lemon off of his lot. Just sayin, that's where my mind went. :rofl:
    And? As I mentioned before, I do miss certain things, like the integrated Edison (I have the standalone, but....,) and, the midi roll; even after using Studio One 4's revamped MIDI roll, which is better than 3's, I still vote FL's. But, as ArcticStorm said:
    That's basically how I feel; too little, too late.
    I'm going to keep up on any news about FL just to see if they can remedy all of the things that have bothered me about it since FL9. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

I know some DJ's who would disagree with you....

19. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

Everything in your post is pretty similar to my history and feelings....except the Bitwig part.
    I was introduced to Fruity Loops by an MPChead when I was; it was 3.5 (not a "who-got-there-first" deal, just sayin',) but didn't really start fuckin with it until 7. After all these yrs using it either as a primary or a secondary, returning to it seems less like a tempting mistress and more like going back and giving one of your ex's another shot because, even though she treated you like shit before, she's still pretty hot.... :no:
    FL's time is over with me, but I really do wish everyone on here the best of luck with FL's newest foray into making your life a bug-free world of musical bliss. :bow:

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  20. mono

mono Audiosexual

Eveytime someone wrights here i thinks there is a new bug fix update out :lmao:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List